Remember when conservatives were terrified of Big Government violently interfering with families?

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/06/21/whites-only-christianity.html

4 Likes

There’s a few giveaways in that illustration, I believe.

7 Likes

Remember when conservatives were terrified of Big Government violently interfering with white families?

29 Likes

Anyone who’s been paying attention since 1980 understands that the “family values” espoused by the Know-Nothing 27% are only those that benefit white traditionalist Xtians like themselves. The irony of this situation and the exposure of their own hypocrisy is lost on them because a lack of self awareness is baked into who they are.

22 Likes

15 Likes

They support a guy who wants us to be a literal nanny state

12 Likes

It depends on the family.

1 Like

Conservatives still have that fear (among many others). But it relates to government violating people’s rights, and conservatives believe that only United States citizens have rights.

So, fucked up but internally consistent.

Yeah sure, but that is interference with our families. As long as the government interfering with their families all bets are off and anything goes. The others don’t matter.

3 Likes

I remember Tea Partiers going on and on about FEMA camps.

Where the fuck are they now ?

13 Likes

“He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.” - Nietzsche

5 Likes

Yup, republicans are now the party of “gubberment is coming for you”

1 Like

Exactly that. Cory mentions it in his URL but not in the text of the article.

1 Like

Silly Cory, immigrants aren’t people, they’re an infestation.

7 Likes

I mean, obviously they meant good Christian families, not these dirty heathens with their “dios” and their “hey Zeus” or whatever.

6 Likes

This is exactly correct. The fear of the “other” is at work here. I’m sure most people supporting this policy would loudly proclaim “I’m not racist!” yet they see this happening to people that they feel very disconnected from.

Also, that 10 year Down syndrome girl was probably in MS13.

5 Likes

Conservatives believe that only (some white) United States citizens have rights. Ask the family of a brown or black kid lying in the street after cop murder if they have any rights.

11 Likes

I have one of these in my family. Her attitude is, “Hey I was wrong, and I’m so happy to have been wrong. Trump is putting the FEMA camps to good use.” As we’ve seen in this thread, putting white Christians in FEMA camps is bad. Putting brown people in camps is good.

11 Likes

Short, recommended.

3 Likes

6 Likes