Remembering those badgers

When come back, bring pie

5 Likes

Came for steenking badgers. Left happy.

2 Likes

Y’know, there’s a blurb buried deep in the Wikipedia talk page about how the Hampster Dance sample likely originated from a techno album released several years prior. No one else ever seems to talk about this – which has long frustrated me, as I unmistakably heard the same sample in a long-lost MOD file downloaded from a BBS in 1998, and the track in question has also long eluded me.

Turns out someone finally uploaded the track to Youtube in November 2018. Satisfaction at least!

2 Likes

Watch out for the snake, Africaaaaaan snaaaake!

Hi!

(9 char. min.)

8 Likes

hahahahahahaha!!!

3 Likes

Now even happier!

2 Likes

I’m glad the YouTube versions exist, but I’m kind of weirdly nostalgic for the way the original badger song got totally out of sync over time. The looping here fixes that, but makes the break between iterations a lot more obvious in the bargain.

1 Like

Brian May even has a little badger face decal on each of his guitars. I think it has to do with his involvement with badger preservation efforts.

3 Likes

A family of badgers has lately taken to hanging out in my back garden at night. They’ve done a lot of digging, but it’s fun to see them on the night-vision camera I set up.

1 Like

It’s not as good as ze originale because it is too le real.

1 Like

YES.
I feel like an internet pioneer for being familiar with Weebl’s stuff before he’d done Badgers and its ilk.

3 Likes

But do you remember Krentz and the Hand of Shame?

That one I don’t recall.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.