Remote controlled miniature surfer annoys a surfer

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/01/remote-controlled-miniature-su.html

6 Likes

@frauenfelder or @orenwolf the post appears to be missing some html.

for everyone else.

is what you want to check.

ETA all fixed now…

10 Likes

Whoever is controlling the RC has to be at least familiar with the sport. Personally, I’d be more frustrated by the 2-3 footers out there.

3 Likes

Was totally flat, dude.

3 Likes

As funny as that video is… I think life will get slightly better for everyone if/when some kind of etiquette evolves for ROVs to share meatspace with real live human beings. I love it that this little model can ride tiny waves like a boss, but harassing those who are physically out there… not cool.

2 Likes

Don’t let the “laid back” stereotype fool you—surfers are some of the most uptight folks out there if you happen to be a noobie infringing on their “territory.”

5 Likes

Well, that’s kind of a stereotype. I surf East Coast, and as long as one is considerate, there’s almost never a problem - I’ve never witnessed a fistfight anywhere I’ve been. Granted, this is just my experience.

3 Likes
2 Likes

I saw a regular sized surfer narrowly skirting death at the hands of a giant surfer.

9 Likes

:musical_note:Mini surfer / mini dude / taunts me ‘til I am unglued

4 Likes

but maybe not flat and earth oops

Man I was rootin’ for giant surfer dude until he grabbed little dude and lost his wave trying to fling little dude around. Then little dude surfed on as big dude sank behind the wave - I just had to laugh.

And yeah, pretty flat.

Big dude should have just run over the little guy.

Well then. So much for friendly intent of this:

surfing-shaka-hand-retro-sunburst-vintage-shaka-sign-typography-t-shirt-poster-print-t-shirt-graphics-vector-94329346

I was rooting for the little surfer until the big surfer wiped out and little guy did an aerial right over his head.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.