Rep. Gosar's brothers and sister accuse him of leading the insurrection in new Fox ad

Originally published at: Rep. Gosar's brothers and sister accuse him of leading the insurrection in new Fox ad | Boing Boing

13 Likes

And then Faux News viewers will interpret it as saying exactly the opposite of what it’s meant to say.

Ah, so that’s who led that brave effort to stop the steal. Give that man a medal!

22 Likes

The .GOP domain is a nice touch. Though the contrarian loons will argue that it just shows how the party has been subverted by the “deep state” or whatever conjuring words are current. Good ad, though, using their own words on video to make the case.

12 Likes

The strategy of airing the ad on Faux might be to hit the so-called “family values” types with the idea that this guy is so toxic that even his own immediate family can’t stand him.

The problem is that Faux viewers themselves tend to be the arsehole siblings (and racist uncles and “Aunt Karens”, etc.) that the rest of the family shuns.

22 Likes

Gosar is just a scapegoat. Because, if Gosar is to blame for leading the insurrection, then Trump cannot be to blame for leading the insurrection.

4 Likes

An insurrection can have more than one leader.

14 Likes

Maybe part of the problem is that the wayward sibling also smells bad?

18 Likes

Gosar is a Trumpian. Just like Gaetz, Bobert, and Green, among others.

10 Likes

When your sibling is an unrepentant fascist seeking public office you have a moral obligation to speak out.

19 Likes

I am soooo glad I don’t have an asshole sibling. A couple of cousins’ spouses, yep, but no blood relation creeps, bless the lord. I cannot imagine what I would do if I did… this just feels so harsh

3 Likes

fantastic. more of this please.

8 Likes

Yes, I agree. But the sticking point is that this is going on Fox News. It’s propaganda to siphon guilt away from Trump. He’s a sacrifice – my personal thought is, probably willingly – to shift the conversation away from Trump.

2 Likes

You assume a level of complex thinking that isn’t what one can expect from typical Republican machinations. Mostly they tell you what they have planned, then either claim it is just a joke or just flat out bungle it and then blame the bogeyman.

3 Likes

Christ, what an asshole.

4 Likes

I come from a deeply conservative family, and I know machinations when I see them. You’re right to an extent, Republicans have a lot of projection and blame shifting and shouting about bogeymen. But you’re very wrong in thinking that Republicans aren’t capable of complex thinking, especially when it comes to fuckery. You should also consider that they’re blaming “the bogeyman” – Gosar – right now.

3 Likes

I had no idea Gosar was a member of antifa!

5 Likes

One too many nougies and wedgies when they were kids. Maybe political class families can leverage this. “Stop hitting your siblings. You will never hold elected office if you keep this up”.

1 Like

ha ha i see what you did there

3 Likes

I remember this ad, and was wondering if it was the same idiot. Thanks!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.