Rep. Paul Gosar defends use of fake photo depicting Obama shaking hands with Iranian president

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/07/rep-paul-gosar-defends-use-of.html

5 Likes

Christ, what an asshole

32 Likes

Another example of Trumpists getting personally offended when objective reality has the gall to contradict their public statements.

39 Likes

On behalf of the sane people of Arizona, I’d like to offer my apologies for our elected idiot.

16 Likes

Being a woman is suppossed to be an insult?

14 Likes

“no one said this wasn’t photoshopped.”

I’d like to see a conversation like this:

Reporter: Gosar killed a young girl in 1985.
Gosar: That’s a disgusting lie!
Reporter: No one ever said it wasn’t a lie.

51 Likes

Sure seems like whoever runs against Gosar the next time around has the green light to send out fliers with him engaged in all kinds of untoward acts, doesn’t it?

25 Likes

(Never said it was true.)

26 Likes

Oh I remember this fuckwit. This is the guy who’s own family made a commercial telling people not to vote for him.

If you can’t trust someone’s own family telling you not to vote for their own kin because they are a lying shitbag then you kind of deserve what you get.

Also this man has an enormous amount of gall in general for even running after that.

Why does this not surprise me at all that he worships Donald Trump, emperor of lies.

17 Likes

Trump and his ilk are not going to leave without violence, imho.

Trump is Chekhov’s gun personified.

11 Likes

I am afraid the point for people like Gosar, Trump and their supporters is not really about truth. It is about getting people to react.

They do not care what they destroy to get that reaction, and they do not care what the long term consequences are.

It is ALL about the lulz.

7 Likes

Imagine the kind of voter who saw the ad where Gosar’s own family members basically labelled him a raging arsehole and came to the conclusion “yep, that’s my guy”. Actually, do more than imagine. Unfortunately, such voters exist, and will be turning out in force this November.

21 Likes

I’d argue the premise of the joke is that the Obama-McKayla Maroney photo is so incredibly famous it would be absurd to photoshop him in to it and pass it off as real (they wrote articles about how it went viral) as well as his dour look being out of place for the joyful cheekiness of the original.

5 Likes

38 Likes

It’s also clearly not the Iranian flag, which has stylized writing on the borders between colors.

If anything, it looks like the flag of North Rhine-Westphalia

3 Likes

18 Likes

So if a fake photo of Obama shaking hands with the President of Iran (who Obama never met with and is actually still in power) is meant to show Obama was soft on evil despots, how do Trump supporters feel about this REAL photo?

34 Likes

Or maybe the idiots who elected him?

14 Likes

Especially if people keep insisting that’s the only possible outcome, and we’re all irrevocably fucked no matter what.

I still say (and hope and pray) the fucker could drop dead at minute…

17 Likes

Those sneaky BASTARDS!