Rep. Paul Gosar defends use of fake photo depicting Obama shaking hands with Iranian president

That one was actually pretty brilliant.

1 Like

No one every said Paul Gosar wasn’t a lying moron.

I mean, the cognitive dissonance going on. Trump supporters have to fake an equivalent Obama photo. But more than that, the Obama photo/tweet is incredibly dumb - they want to both give the impression that Obama met with an Iranian leader, but also imply that the picture shows Obama with Suleimani. Which they could have given by, you know, photoshopping him into the picture instead of Rouhani. Presumably Gosar either didn’t know the difference between Rouhani and Suleimani, didn’t actually know it was photoshopped himself, or just didn’t care (figuring that one Iranian was as good as another for his dumbshit purposes).

They aren’t staying without violence either. The terrorist plots by Trumpers started before he even entered office. I’m not sure we’ll notice a difference in violence by Trump-supporters either way.

10 Likes

Fuckin’ A; this glib assumption that if 45 refuses to leave office, there somehow won’t be violence coming from the opposite factions just blows my mind.

16 Likes

This last week I re-watched the first 2 seasons of The Leftovers plus the final, third season. Couldn’t help but notice the Guilty Remanent cult have a bit of a Trump follower/tea-bagger vibe. Not the specifics of the cult. Just the overall attitude that they don’t care why they doing what they are doing beyond the short goal of antagonizing everyone else.

3 Likes

Arizona, the Mississippi of the South West. FACT!

3 Likes

How about “it seems highly unlikely that this administration will end without violence.”

10 Likes

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

By hook or by all the crooks, that fucker’s got to go.

16 Likes

If I had a choice, it would be spontaneous combustion on live TV, after he said something extra offensive (even for him). I’d like to watch the evangelists explain that one.

13 Likes

I’d like to see him get struck by lightning a dozen or two times.

Big fat bolts too.

7 Likes

How do we summon 1990’s Volton?

3 Likes

Shortly after the election I predicted suicide in the oval office. It’s based on a theory that the absolute most chaotic thing possible will happen.

I also had a dream where Trump was trying to nuke LA while congress scrambled to remove Trump from office and Trump was ordering the military to seize Pence to prevent the 25th amendment. That’s another one.

I’m not saying either of these is likely but what is likely is that whatever happens rivals these scenarios for being batshit crazy.

Beautiful lightning bolts. The best.

10 Likes

Where to begin. . .

The Bush administration also backed off killing Rouhani because they realized the dangers outweighed the benefits. Yes, the same guys who were gung-ho about war in Iraq didn’t want to get involved in Iran. (BTW, lemme know when they finally find those WMDs.)

The GOP criticized Clinton for trying to kill bin Laden, then George W. Bush ignored security briefings about bin Laden before 9/11.

The Reagan administration basically created the Taliban via arming the mujahideen in Afghanistan.

I mean, we can go all the way back to the CIA-orchestrated overthrow of Mossadegh in 1952, a secular democrat, and the decades of US support for the Shah, end result: Islamic revolution and the mess we have now.

But yeah, Obama is the one to blame here. I gotcha.

16 Likes

I’m sure there will be violence if Trump is voted out and he vacates office (although many of those promising violence are the same sorts that made empty threats about what they’d do if Obama was elected/reelected), but I’m definitely more worried about the violence by Trump and his supporters if he’s reelected, as it’ll be worse on multiple levels. There will be more violence from all the groups we’ve seen emboldened by his election and given a free pass by his policies, not to mention the (greater) violence from his administration and all the loyalists and sympathizers who will continue to enter law enforcement, government, etc. More not just as a result of a continuation of activities, but more as in an increase in intensity, as a second term would be a real green light to everyone involved. I can’t really imagine it, but I know it will happen. As norms and policies continue to get violated (and at an increasing rate, no doubt, in a second term), there’ll be a sort of feedback effect that exponentially increases the violence, as there will be an increasing number of accepted outlets for it, and it will increasingly be ignored/pardoned.

And all that doesn’t even get into what would happen if Trump actually refused to leave office. (Though I’m increasingly unconvinced by this possibility - after all, Trump usually prefers to take the easy option and then try to milk playing the victim. It was his plan for his presidential run, after all - we now know he was hoping to lose and capitalize on claims he’d been cheated out of the office. If he loses, he’ll likely do that - claim the vote was fraudulent and simultaneously threaten and encourage violence while also meekly leaving office.)

5 Likes

But seriously, isn’t Gosar the evil entity from Ghostbusters?

1 Like

That is likely if we are only talking about him. But the fly in the ointment are his craycray supporters who might not LET him do it that way. They might go absolutely friggin nutso and do something chaotic evil like barricade him in the White House while stroking their guns up and down Pennsylvania Avenue (and somehow prevent the helicopter from landing) all while saying they are “protecting” him and Trump giving the orders to Secret Service to leave them alone. It could go down all sorts of strange ways. I am not counting out even the most bizarre at this point. Expecting it, really.

Zool?

1 Like

Recall him.

Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor! Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

10 Likes

Gozer, but yep:

10 Likes

I believe that is the spirit of what I was trying to write.

Trump is not a wildcard. He is an extremist. And Trump will continue to shape his route to victory through the violence and greed available, imho.

You sound like you’ve already given up, and are ready to lay down in defeat.

2 Likes