a guest knocked the shade of my floor-standing lamp against the wall. luckily my largest drawing pad ended up being just long enough to make the high end’s circumference.
broken original and paper replacement.
I wanted it to pass for the same, but as you can see, I made the height a bit taller due to just deciding to err on the side of big on that particular measurement. I think the circumferences should be very close to original, though.
like the ipod case I made, my philosophy for these projects is to make the project from one single piece with no add-ons or tape or glue. I’m interested in the simplicity of the form, even if achieving it is complicated.