Reporter fired after being caught smearing mud on self to suggest they helped in flood recovery

Originally published at: Reporter fired after being caught smearing mud on self to suggest they helped in flood recovery | Boing Boing

8 Likes

Would have been better if she tripped once on a puddle, to someone’s amusement. That’s RTL’s regular business anyway.

8 Likes

Mud slinging boomeranged on her.

9 Likes

I think all “News” should probably come with a dramatisation warning

3 Likes

When your standards as a journalist drop below that of Bild :smiley:

7 Likes

I’m as likely as anybody to mock Irish people, but when the English do it, it’s not so damn funny. Am I a hypocrite? No, it’s a matter of context. Also, I’m a hypocrite.

1 Like

Ach, yet another case of Die Tagesschauschlammverkrustetschwindlerin!

(das Goethe-Institut drop-out gesagt)

1 Like

Not exactly a muckraker.

7 Likes

This why people don’t, and probably shouldn’t completely, trust media.

Is this what some people imagine you’d wear when helping carry out disaster relief cleanup efforts?

Season 2 Episode 23 GIF by Friends

1 Like

Reminds me of the shallow flood news report. Shallow Flood - YouTube

2 Likes

I know this is an extremely naive question, but aren’t reporters supposed to be reporting the story and not getting involved with the story? I really don’t expect quality journalism from TV news, but joining in the clean up efforts doesn’t seem to be something that would encourage objectivity.

1 Like

RTL is a lowest common denominator entertainment channel. Their “news” “reporting” doesn’t have anything to do with journalistic standards

5 Likes

Just like in the good ol’ USA!

Or Paddington Bear cosplay.

1 Like

I just know my mom would not even consider wearing a new, bright white t-shirt to a dirty job.

Emily Blunt Yes GIF by The Animal Crackers Movie

1 Like

Not fired, AFAIK - put on leave.
In other words: take some time off, come back when the shitstorm has blown over.
Besides, this sort of thing is totally on-brand for RTL’s “Reality TV” formats.

3 Likes

#HaltDieFresseBild reporting on another “journalists” failure is… No, ironic is not the correct term. That “newspaper” is still far to dangerous for “ironic”.

4 Likes

How’s her English? She’s blonde and would be perfect for Fox.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.