Reporter sidelined after on-air illness

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/28/reporter-sidelined-after-on-air-illness.html

3 Likes

He sounds a lot more coherent than I would at my peak condition.

6 Likes

A boxing match from Cincinnati was on the old Dumont TV network around 1950, sponsored by a beer.
After each round the announcer would pour a glass of the product, take a pull, remark how good it was, and repeat. By six or eight rounds he was pretty lush.

8 Likes

If I hadn’t heard anything about illness, my first guess would be alcohol consumption.

3 Likes

Same. I’m glad his coworkers apparently caught it, but, I mean, this doesn’t sound significantly different from most sideline reports to me.

6 Likes

I love this.

We need more of this style of live at the moment reporting. I might take a good pull or two in sympathy,

2 Likes

Well, this just looks like me when I’m stoned. Maybe that’s how I’ve been pulling it off. People just assume I’m sick.

4 Likes

Seemed fine to me

2 Likes

While intoxication is one possibility, I wonder if it might have been a stroke or other complication from having had covid-19. I’m no medical professional, but my understanding is that the secondary complications are a serious risk.

Whatever the cause, I hope he’s okay.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.