Reports of shots fired at downtown Dallas rally

Only if you include suicides, which is purposeful, conscious action and a completely different issue than gun crime or accidents.

I am not ignoring the risks. I have quantified that risk repeatedly.

Trying to crack down further on ownership is going to affect one set of people primarily - the ones already not hurting people.

Which they now have anti-knife campaigns in Britain. But again, Britain never had the murder rate the US had. And while there is a gradual reduction like the US and Australia, in Britain there wasn’t a sudden decrease in homicides after their new legislation. There was actually a large spike 2 years afterwards, but it is down over all.

Do you have a hobby? Do you have way more things related to that hobby than one person should ever need? It is the same thing.

I know people who own super expensive race bikes, 3 cars in various degrees of working order, more video games than they could physically play and beat within a life time, more comics than they could possibly read.

That is all it is. If you don’t fish a lot, you might wonder why you need more then one fishing pole. But if you are like my dad he has a dozen or so with different degrees of flexibility and sensitivity and some work for different style of fishing better for different kinds of fish.

Fun fact, he can only effectively use one at a time. So it isn’t like dozens of them are any more dangerous than one. Just like a guy who owns a dozen cars can only use one at a time.