Republican Scott Walker quits presidential race

I think @awfulhorrid is probably correct that it’s for the greater good. But it certainly will be another painful couple of years here, and probably for the foreseeable future. Ultimately it’s not that Wisconsonites like Walker that much, it’s just that the Democrats in this state can’t get their shit together at all, and keep fielding go-nowhere candidates.

2 Likes

Oh, I dunno. People seem to love Sarah Palin. Don’t ask me why.

1 Like

I love Sarah Palin! She’s a wittier comic than Cosby ever was.

(And Cos never was the reason for the evenin’)

2 Likes

Easier on The Ladiez, too! Well, actually, I think it could be argued that she was not easy on the ladies from the top down, as opposed to Cosby’s approach from the bottom up.

1 Like

I usually think of wit as something done deliberately.

1 Like

It’s a fair point. But what if she’s an extremely talented performance artist running a long con? That would be a thing.

And I hope she never lets on.

2 Likes

It can be fun to fantasize about hidden competence like that sometimes. But in her case? I think what you see is really all you get.

(I do love to snark. But more than mere snark prompts me in this particular case.)

1 Like

I do mean it on some level.

Of course you’re right, the woman’s an idiot. But she’s a loud idiot, and at least you can hear those ones coming.

I like that she and Trump and company are so ridiculously out of tune to people my age, because people my age are are finally becoming the people who rule the world. Some sense may be on the way.

Hm. I might need to adjust my dailies.

4 Likes

Boy, wouldn’t that have been nice at the beginning? I may have to lay blame on fellow Alaskans for not seeing it coming. Mea culpa.

1 Like

To be fair to your fellow Alaskans, it’s likely a lot of them knew her run with Biden was a bad idea, but were in no position to do anything but wait it out.

Her gubernatorial is on you guys, though. :smile:

1 Like

I’ve sometimes wondered that about someone else too.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.