Republicans: Racist or Redeemable?

After the events of this year and watching interviews of folks at rallies who supported/enabled them (and wanted more of the same), I no longer believe that’s possible. They’ve proven themselves to be intolerant and selfish to the point of supporting the extermination of those who don’t share their beliefs. They want a separate country and a different form of government. The demands some of them are making now aren’t merely bullying, they’re the tactics of an abuser whose target has gained the upper hand.

Before any discussion of unity, they should have to go a long way to prove themselves worthy, not of trust, but just to be given the benefit of the doubt. I don’t personally believe apologists are sincere, because they did nothing to stop the mess the country is in now. They’ve done nothing to stop TPTB from making it worse to gain money or self-serving political points. Now they have the nerve to point the finger at the survivors of their assault and whine that they won’t shake their blood-stained hands.

Conditions for joining hands and working together should be set first. If those enablers make a sincere effort to atone for past mistakes, fix what they have broken, repay what was stolen, and clean up the mess they made, trust might be restored at some point in the future. Until then, we should watch and wait. They’ve shown us who and what they are, and I believe they won’t be able to mask it for very long (or fool us twice).

25 Likes