Residents warned of evil clown

Did anyone else stare at the photo in the article for a while trying to find the clown?

3 Likes

Better hope its not this guy:

A very dark and downward spiral evil clown movie if you dare…

“…riding the property…” would be a colloquialism(?) to mean “vigilant patrolling of the premises”

But you and I know that, and get it.

The person who wrote the copy went “[sic] happy” if I may coin a phrase.

The way the paragraph is directly quoted, rather than paraphrased, and liberally sprinkled with editorial markup to call out both real and imagined linguistic mistakes, gives away (to my sensibilities) that the copywriter wants us to be sure to notice that the person who wrote the note is an ignorant hick.

:frowning2:

2 Likes

Glad I’m not the only one who felt the copywriter went a little overboard with the [sic]s. I’m sure you’re absolutely right, both about the colloquialism and about the copywriter’s agenda! :wink:

2 Likes

Maybe the landlord wrote it. Maybe the letter was dictated and the landlord has some sort of sic tic so they included that in the transcript.

So many maybes.

No shit. The Joker is actually the least evil of all clowns.

FTFY

Don’t forget selling your soul. Not to Satan though, Satan wouldn’t touch clowns with a ten foot poll. He does have some standards.

1 Like

There was a similar bit with Jack Nicholson’s Joker in Batman.

regarding a clown or a person dressed in clown clothing

That’s a distinction without a difference.

And is the editor a bit heavy-handed with the _[sic]_s? Exactly what is grammatically wrong with “children’s safety”?

Maybe he was luring them into clandestine grammar lessons.

1 Like

I say we nuke the woods from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure.

I just wanted them to see my woodland circus.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.