Restaurant enforces $10 "screaming children surcharge"

I just saw Malort described as ‘tasting like gasoline and burned condoms’ the other day. I’d never heard of it before and now need to try it at least once for science (mind you, I’m quite fond of Albanian bathtub grappa, so I might like it).

5 Likes

I’d take the Malort over ice tea. I can’t stomach tea.

2 Likes

I’ve noticed a sharp uptick of kids on planes doing this too! How does a parent allow that? Why don’t flight attendants give them headphones or ask them to mute the audio? I don’t get it. That’s airplane etiquette 101. I’ve spent more than one six hour flight with Candy Crush or whatever blasting at full volume one row back.

6 Likes

Well, you know, people don’t become human beings worthy of basic respect until they hit 18, ya know… that’s just biology, Kathy! Therefore it’s just fine to use dehumanizing language to describe them… /s

3 Likes

And by extension, the people who produce them. :roll_eyes:

That whole quote made me think, “user name definitely fits.”
Yikes. The bitterness.

2 Likes

How people treat children says a lot about their humanity.

6 Likes

Of course the only kind of circus that is still accepted in the mainstream these days is Cirque du Soleil. You would have turned into an artsy French Canadian, not a carnie (not that either is a bad thing)

2 Likes

Clearly, I’m a shit person for having a now grown kid… :roll_eyes:

told you so agree GIF by Bounce

4 Likes

Oh, only if you take them out in public. Or, you know, use any resources to raise them. I think otherwise it’s fine. :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Ouais, mon cher! Ce ne serait pas un problème!

3 Likes

Yes, clearly, because the best way for children to learn how to be socialized is to hide them away until they are old enough to act like adults, which they learn by… looking at a wall? :thinking: Wait… that’s not right?

4 Likes

While the idea has often been used to the detriment of individual children and society as a whole, Proverbs isn’t wrong:

Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

My neurodivergent kiddo would like to have a scream at ya. Sadly, therapy isn’t an option for everyone. We’re lucky and after 3 years of therapy he achieved inside voice…on occasion…

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.