Return of Dieselgate: 3 more hidden programs found in VW Audi/Porsche firmware

About 6 weeks ago, I attempted to drive my VW Bora through a foot of flood water. Don’t ever do that. The car slurped it up, it went through the engine, and the insurance company wrote it off shortly after. I got paid full market value for it.

I was pretty bummed at the time, but in hindsight, that was easily the best thing that could have happened to that car! The second hand market for VW has fallen through the floor, whether they were affected by the code or not.

And it’s replacement (a Renault Sport Megane) is just so full of awesome.

3 Likes

Just call it a scandal. This seems to me what Orwell was talking about
when he invented the idea of newspeak

Hopefully my aversion to such a process – namely my scandal-gate-pocalypse-mageddon-opoly-oholic-ization-itis – will carry the day…

3 Likes

If you were an experienced scandal-gate-pocalypse-mageddon-opoly-oholic-ization-itis-meister, you would not be so quick to make that assumption.

2 Likes

I have a VW Jetta and I love it. I’ll just have to find some carbon offset to mitigate the damage. Maybe I’ll buy a Range Rover for a second car, I hear their carbon offset is 2:1

This was also in Wired the other day:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.