Reuters bans RAW photos because they're easier to manipulate

I am not exaggerating, this was my first camera.

Muh Ma is a photographer, and she used to teach kids photography classes. We all got to make these, and we also went through a lot of oats.

5 Likes

…and?

I’m going to need more context here to figure out how the video connects to things here.

Did you miss all the 110 posts? Focus!

1 Like

Size wise, they’re extremely similar. Since both the Auto 110 and Q10 were made by Pentax, perhaps one inspired the other?

The Q10’s sensor is smaller than micro four thirds, though,

http://sdsu-physics.org/assets/PDFs/oatmeal_pinhole_camera.pdf

looks pretty detailed, as lesson plans go.

2 Likes

Is tableau feminine? Didn’t learn how to gender that one.

c’est masculin.

1 Like

Zut alors! (@OtherMichael!)

Significantly.[quote=“jerwin, post:44, topic:69515, full:true”]The Q10’s sensor is smaller than micro four thirds, though,[/quote]

About a quarter of the size, IIRC.

I’m confused. RAW didn’t even have photographs.

3 Likes

Amazingly enough, I’m going to be having a mesculin salad for dinner.

1 Like

Why do people capitalize RAW? Why do people sometimes prepend a period, as if it’s a DOS era extension? When I offload raw files from my SD card, they are .NEF files (because I have a NIkon). If I had a canon, they would be something else. If I converted them to DNG format (for archival purposes), they would be .DNG files. But .RAW, as a filetype doesn’t exist-- primarily because things like “custom white balance” and the like vary from manufacturer to manufacturer.

Maybe it’s all in homage to people like Jared Polin.

1 Like

I hope you’re not planning on bringing those inside the bunker…

1 Like

Panasonic and Leica have used it, but that doesn’t seem like a good enough explanation.

They do it to avoid confusion - probably of both users and programs. I have experienced this in the audio world where files of sound data can be left unformatted and (mostly) nobody knows what to do with them. With no file extension there would be some people munging the data by appending arbitrary file extensions and trying to import it with drastically varying results.

…but hes wearing clothes

@SteampunkBanana - wear are ewe, in hour our of knead?

1 Like

Stuck in Buffalo and then I took some time off the internets. Dumb people about Syrian refugees made me want to take a dandelion break.

But I think the kicker is this: “This, it believes, will cut down on processing time”

Time = Money. And if you take a shot and turn it in, you don’t ask for an extra $15 for processing over an hour. Reuters isn’t concerned about their integrity, they’re concerned about their bottom dollar. But saying it that way doesn’t let them hold their heads as high.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.