Reviewers say new Motorola Razr not great

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/10/reviewers-say-new-motorola-raz.html

3 Likes

Woof. Spoken like a man with big pockets.

5 Likes

You don’t say… This is my shocked face

notsurprisedkirk1

6 Likes

I was really rooting for throw back POS phone to make a big splash.

4 Likes

C’mon Motorola, if you’re gonna throwback, THROW BACK.

5 Likes

Is anyone paying attention actually surprised by this news?

2 Likes

$1,500… :scream:

There was some discussion in this thread about the sameness of modern phone design and i do think there would be some value in having a visible hinge on one of these but with two solid touchscreens on either side. Why not do that instead of forcing clearly prototype tech into a form factor. Rhetorical question because phone manufacturers…

2 Likes

Those don’t work anymore. Saw it on an episode of Pawn Stars and Corey explained the network they run on is no longer in service. He didn’t even make an offer.

1 Like

Monty Python__Luxury_phixr

1 Like

Yeah, they could hail back to the StarTAC instead of the Razr.

4 Likes

The higher the tech, the shorter its lifespan. You can plug a century-old landline phone in and (if it’s wired correctly, of course) it will still work. But even one of the early digital cell phones from ~2000 or so is now a paperweight.

2 Likes

This right here. Razr sold a lot but was a step backwards, usability-wise, from the StarTAC. Key features were compactness and fast one-handed opening and closing. And I dropped mine onto pavement HUNDREDS of times (sometimes maybe on purpose) and it took it like a champ.

I’m still happy to see this: super thin, flexible screens are cool. But I don’t see how a folding slab beats a slab.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.