Richard Kadrey screenplay, “Dark West,” to be made into a movie

Originally published at: Richard Kadrey screenplay, "Dark West," to be made into a movie | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Ooh, how about the Grand Dark next? Hollywood hasn’t done a good dieselpunk well yet.

3 Likes

Pretty excited to see Sandman Slim coming to (home) theatres at some point soon!

3 Likes

Me too! Love that series.

1 Like

This is really cool and all that, but isn’t that the goal of every single screenplay out there?

Yeah, but screenplays have less than a 0.1% chance of actually becoming a movie. (There are about 50,000 screenplays registered with the WGA annually, but I’ve seen statistics that suggest overall about a million are written each year hoping to be made into a Hollywood film. Hollywood studios make, on average, about 150 features films each year - and more broadly, only about 700 English language movies are made at all.)

2 Likes
1 Like

Man I love Near Dark. Probably time for a rewatch. What a soundtrack! Tangerine Dream FTW. Great cast, good chemistry. I had a massive crush on Jenny Wright in this movie as a teenager heheh. :slight_smile:

I’ll have to check out Dark West, if it’s in the vein of Near Dark!

2 Likes

Tryin to find this one- https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Sundown_cover.jpg

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.