Rickrolling is sexist, racist and often transphobic in context

Oh, you better believe it. Not the same trap that Rob has repeatedly laid in this thread, though.

4 Likes

ggwp 6ch

I feel like I just got Gene Parmesan’d

Nicely done.

6 Likes

I like it. First time I can recall where I’d rather have been Rickrolled than the alternative.

6 Likes

Considering how popular Rickrolling was, I’m surprised that video only has 122 million views.

2 Likes

Least you were honest lol

Well, at least he didn’t goatse everyone…

7 Likes

No. I am not clicking that link, either.

1 Like

Yeah i always felt its dependence upon the semiotics of cisgendered discourse was its biggest problem to be honest.

2 Likes

Oh hell no. Not twice, you bastard. Not. Gonna. Do it.

3 Likes

I don’t know whether to be proud not to have clicked on that, or profoundly embarrassed that I’m a member of a community with 37 people who did.

10 Likes

There are hundreds upon hundreds of mirrors.

1 Like

Yeah, I think we can predict some @beschizza link trust issues :smiley:

(Quietly humming never gonna give to myself)

2 Likes

Yeah, I guess, it just seems like if you’re going to RickRoll, you should at least let Rick cash in on some of that sweet sweet YouTube revenue.

“I don’t always Rickroll, but when I do, I use Rick Astley’s official YouTube video.”

12 Likes

I clicked, I LOLed, I sent link to wife. She clicked, she LOLed, she posted on Facebook.

1 Like

Rickrolling a Rickrolling article is like putting a trashcan in a trashbag - there’s so much negative energy the universe might cease to exist. Be careful with such power!

1 Like

Oh, jeez, you got me. I was riding high from Fury Road last night, I’d just gotten halfway through the clown article, and this joke is old enough I thought myself immune.

I wonder if some day, children will ask their grandparents, "what does “irony” mean? in the same way they’ll wonder about analog clocks and betamax tapes.

3 Likes

DAMNIT.

13 Likes

You don’t think of Shelley Winters first?

1 Like