Right wing freaks out over eco-art in Austria: "Go away and take your shitty forest!"

Probably killing a bunch of them in the process…

2 Likes

And just imagine the amount of CO2 that was required to drive all those trees around and lift them into the stadium! And the travel costs for all the visitors! And the cost of all those articles being written about it on the internet (those servers require a massive amount of electricity)! And all the CO2 the artists breaths out every day! See where I’m going with this?

3 Likes

Not sure how it works in Austria, but around here that stadium would have been built with tax-payer money too. Some people (myself included) aren’t too happy about that, yet manage not to physically assault people over it.

2 Likes

I totally agree with you. I maybe should have been more clear. I was voicing what I have come to think are the thoughts of the people that hate art.

2 Likes

This idea of selling a ‘blank canvas’ also doesn’t make sense when people, just before selling a house, put in new carpet/floors, a fresh coat of paint, etc. The new owner very well might just want to change all that, and so you have that new carpet/floors immeidately in the landfill, or the brand new paint covered with more brand new paint. It’s a waste. Better to reduce the price of the house a little bit. Or offer to work with the new owner to pay for what those new things as they want.

I’m becoming less and less of a fan of real estate agents; they’re nothing more than sales people who want nothing more than the transaction to complete. And the subject of the transaction, as @anon47741163 rightfully mentions, is a life support system.

2 Likes

Don’t worry, I understand that those weren’t your own opinions. It’s just- still not a valid argument, tree-punchers.

really ?? no-one has already posted this ( or a different version ) ??

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.