Right-wing UK newsreader can't bring himself to read results of Brexit poll

Originally published at: Right-wing UK newsreader can't bring himself to read results of Brexit poll | Boing Boing

10 Likes

That’s a nice steaming breakfast treat for Martin the fascist yobbo.

28 Likes

Probably like Musk’s face when he saw the real results of his poll to let Trump back on, just before he decided to “toss out the bot votes”.

24 Likes

“What do you mean that people are against voting themselves a giant pay cut?”

18 Likes

Well, they weren’t when it mattered, so his confusion is understandable

17 Likes

What a shame that Angela Rippon has been reduced to the state of working for GB News. Hopefully she is getting well paid for this ignominy. Those some quick reactions displayed by the control crew and Angela.

So, self-selecting bunch of GBNews’ viewers, showed a loss of support in Brexit. I wonder what the national split would be?

15 Likes

Statista has the anti Brexit to Brexit supporters as 56 to 32 perecent, as of Nov 2022.

16 Likes

It’s a long fall from dancing on Morecambe and Wise, although I’m not sure of their political views so maybe not.

14 Likes

I find it amazing that 32% are still convinced it was a good idea. They can’t all be Tory Bankers.

15 Likes

“To better understand your views, do you identify most as a Tory Banker, a racist, an anti-immigrant yobbo who’s in denial about your racism, or just a complete fucking idiot?”

19 Likes

“All of the above” :smile:

13 Likes

The rest are wannabe Tory Bankers?

10 Likes
14 Likes

They might be broadcasting this, but hardly anyone is watching:

15 Likes

“Man surprised to find most people polled DON’T want a second kick to the nuts.”

25 Likes

Temporarily embarrassed Tory bankers.

14 Likes

On either side of the pond conservatism has been about denial for a long time.

3 Likes

I’m not going to give her a pass on “reduced to the state of” - surely she has a sizeable pension after all her years at the Beeb. (And I just Googled - her net wealth is estimated to be in the millions - so no, no pass at all.)

12 Likes

Here in the UK the BBC’s channel for very young kids is called CBeebies (a play on the name of the channel for older kids, CBBC). This of course means that GB News has been christened GBeebies. I personally think that’s doing the viewership of CBeebies a disservice.

10 Likes

There is still a lot of people that believe that the EU is the bad guys for holding back the UK from their glorious future. There would be a significant overlap with people who believe it is not the Government’s fault but the UK opposition is also stopping this.

There are also a lot of people who believe that the Brexit project just needs more time before it shows the benefits, even Jacob Rees-Mogg at one point said it might take 50 years.

The tide is slowly turning but since the UK will never get the same conditions with the EU that they had before, I don’t think we will see the UK being part of the EU again for at least a generation.

13 Likes