Riot control drone that fires paintballs, pepper-spray and rubber bullets at protesters

I think it was Oliver North that had a remark about 10cent countermeasures to million dollar missiles…

For a drone like this, i could see a 2ftx2ft patch of 1" netting with mild weight at the corners being super effective, since it’d combine the basic principle of the bolo w/ a higher chance of ensnaring one or more of the propellers. A bit of practice and someone could perfect pitching the net so it arcs right ontop.

A buddy of mine also suggested a fishing pole with high test line, with or with out a bolo arrangement at the end of the line (he says he uses a setup like that for catching geese.)

or maybe this - http://www.instructables.com/id/Build-A-Net-Gun/

Given that the Bell UH-1’s provision for door gunners was, approximately “Open the door and leave it open, here’s a harness so you don’t fall out”, a good, or lucky, archer wouldn’t have to pierce much armor to get their way (the huey was pretty thin-skinned in general; but that was from the perspective of actual guns, arrows not so much).

Now, given that a UH-1 it’s door open tended to imply either two M60s or two M134s, anyone willing to go in with a bow was seriously nervy; but at least bows don’t have much muzzle flash, I suppose.

Well, I suppose it’s cheaper than treating workers well, but cops with truncheons are still more fun.

Best countermeasure ? Another cheap drone controlled by skilled Descent / Descent 2 player !!! Or should i say Sol Contingency ? http://preparefordescent.com

1 Like

Hmmmm . . . can anyone buy them? I mean, it would be a real shame if those striking mine workers pitched in and bought one of their own, and it suddenly appeared in the sky above the mine owners summer garden party.

Those who make peaceful protest impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.

3 Likes

Something like Skyjack? But probably not WiFi.

All the dystopia, none of the pizzazz.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.