RIP, Ann "AC" Crispin

[Permalink]

Aww Man. RIP.

I fondly remember finding Yesterday’s Son and Time for Yesterday at the flea market when I was a wee lad of 10 and having them be two of my favorite Star Trek novels. I still have them 23 years later, somewhere. Looks like I will be digging them out.

I will forever revere Ms Crispin for restoring the dignity and integrity of Han Solo by giving him a legitimately plausible reason for saying the Millennium Falcon made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs.

Lucas owes her a tremendous debt. As do we all.

…for a given value of “plausible” when we’re talking about a 35-meter-long “hunk of junk” evading pursuit by an Imperial customs ship by flying faster (and thus cutting closer corners) around and through a cluster of black holes over a distance vast enough that light itself would need thirty-seven and a half years to make the trip.

Of course, the slower light would need to take a longer route. So there’s that.

I’ve never read any of her fiction but I’m very aware of the fantastic work Writer Beware did to protect writers and would-be writers from scammers and creeps. She fought the good fight.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.