Road in Bulgaria boasts wooden pole

[Permalink]

2 Likes

I’ve always appreciated the rustic charm of bloodstains dried in the open air, with a smattering of embedded glass fragments and artisanally-applied bumper-embossing and twisted-steel texturing.

One day soon this pole will be thus finished.

15 Likes

[quote=“frauenfelder, post:1, topic:56871”]the necessary paperwork to remove the pole[/quote]So they’ve established that it’s of order zero, then.

5 Likes

I passed something similar on my commute for several months…But at least they had the temporary lane marking around the pole…

A right half pole will lead to instability.

2 Likes

It doesn’t look like the road got graded properly near the pole, so I don’t understand why they bothered to do the concrete curb and blacktop in that area – seems fitting that the pole will be replaced by an unsafe “dip”.

1 Like

Well you can’t expect a contractor who would actually do this and go home with a clear conscience to do a good job with it.

Only people who are both passive-aggressive and who hate themselves and everyone else would even consider doing this work. Even the slightest amount of humanity in any contractor working on the project would result in the pole accidentally being knocked down.

This photograph is the visual definition of ressentiment.

5 Likes

This happened twice in Paradise, NL. The first time a few years ago there were just wooden barricades around a lone pole and the second time last year where it was multiple poles, at least with concrete barricades though. http://www.thetelegram.com/News/Local/2014-08-14/article-3833933/Paradise-utility-poles-remain-on-Topsail-Road/1

Well for some they will now be justified!

“I tell ya it must have jumped out in the middle of the road!!”

“yeah, right”

2 Likes

And that, folks, is why they call it the posted speed limit.

9 Likes

I wouldn’t touch that road with a 10-foot Pole. Or a 10-foot Bulgarian.

2 Likes

FIXED.

12 Likes

Notes? Are they sure? Did the note come with a certified rubber stamp? Where was the parade to deliver it to the door of the office responsible for relaying the contents of this ‘note’? When you really think about it, what the hell is a note? Note. Note, note, note, note, note… it just doesn’t sound real if you say it too many times. Who knows if there’s even such a thing?

Continental philosophy should have an answer sometime in the year 2525. Get back to us then about your ‘pole’, whatever you imagine that is.

Given that Bulgaria once had state everything, I wonder if the new privatised demarcations are the cause of the passive aggressiveness?

3 Likes

Bulgaria, doofus, not Poland!

3 Likes

I think the electricity company in Bulgaria is still mainly state-owned.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.