Rob illo makes Comparative Religion textbook dangerously cool

[Permalink]

Not really sure what it has to do with comparative religions, but it is indeed a pretty cool image, and textbook covers have been much stranger.

This one makes a bit of sense as neurons have to act in concert (to dance) in order to function properly. The ladies even look a bit like neurons in the picture.

As a CS student in the late 90s, I got to see a lot of textbook covers with surfers on waves or cars going down roads because the Internet (Information Superhighway) was something that you surfed on.

It’s also a tad pretentious.

I’m thinking that some of Escher’s drawings might make excellent covers for CS books.

The likeness is unmistakeable, Rob.

Is that Gambit? Is comic book nerdology a religion now? (sign me up!)

Looks like it would be more appropriate for an autobiography of Uri Geller.

“Children, the front cover of this book illustrates the mind of an Atheist. Beset on all sides by doubt and dread, the Atheist is a dangerous, amoral creature; and probably has psychic powers too. They appear seductively cool with their careless attitude, but they are a Devil’s plaything. Suffer not the Atheist to live!”

Nice drawing.

Mazeltov!

They would, except that they would have to pay for those so they’re out. It’s clip art or public domain for your $120 textbook.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.