Negativland's "All in Your Head": illegal art about religion, packaged in a Bible

[Permalink]

Couldn’t place an order…their (antique) web shop has apparently run afoul of Yahoo’s email filters.

They filter for blasphemy now? Good job!

I’ll admit that this comment assumes they’re not bible or quran fans (something I don’t know because I haven’t seen the package or listened to the album) but, assuming that (which seems pretty safe to assume), let me get this straight:

… in order to register their gleeful disdain for a book, they’re… offering it wider distribution?

On the other side of this, I think I’d feel like a bit of a tool if I bought a book to prove how much I didn’t like it and then more likely than not refused to read it.

as has been said a kajillion times, the best way to become an atheist is to actually read the Bible.

this is almost cringingly cheesy to me (in a “Madonna making out with Britney Spears”-kind of way), though having the limited edition in a Qu’ran is kind of funny.

I like it for that reason. “It’s All in Your Head FM: Monotheism, but in Stereo” elicited a groan, then a snrk.

Saw them live once, and they were much better than any of the albums I have…still, I’d give that up for one more EBN album.

I wonder if God masturbates when he reads the Bible…

you ever tried that old saw?

I also have to say that Negativland’s music is and has pretty much always been uninteresting to listen to.

can’t say that i have; i’ve always been an atheist. :slight_smile:

i’ve only read about 25% of the Bible, sad to say, but i’ve read 80% of the “good parts”. i really do want to complete it.

btw, i highly recommend Robert Alter’s translation and commentary on the Pentateuch, The Five Books of Moses. all of those inconsistencies actually make a lot of sense in historical context. it’s just the Johnny-Come-Latelies with their “biblical literalism” that screw it up. :wink:

negativland, imho, is at least interesting to listen to. not musically, but it’s more like audio performance art, which they are pretty upfront about.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.