Rob Porter's ex-wives told FBI of abuse, he got Trump WH job and security clearance anyway

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/02/08/rob-porter-jennifer.html

3 Likes

22 Likes

It’s simply insane how little regard the WH has for operational security. It’s almost as if the Russians, the Chinese, the Iranians, etc. could just waltz right on into the oval office anytime they pleased. Oh wait! no need, they could be blackmailing any one of these idiots.

Porter was dating Hope Hicks the office wife gateway to trump for crying out loud. Icing on the Putin cake of intel?

FUCK

15 Likes

Now you know what they mean by hands-on approach.

3 Likes

7 Likes

How could this be? Doesn’t Mr. Trump have a zero-tolerance policy on violence against women?

8 Likes

So… he couldn’t pass the background check but they gave him some sort of provisional security clearance, anyways. And John “in my time women were cherished” Kelly was not just cool with him, but his active supporter and defender. Fuck. Them. All.

I’m wondering how many people without clearance were given access to classified information by the White House anyways.

@Papasan It’s amazing how many photos there are from the White House where not a single person remains working there, even after only a year.

11 Likes

Roger That! It’s some kind of record breaker, likely to be held for many years to come.

7 Likes

I don’t how one could break the record, absent some sort of civil war or the White House being blown up somehow…

3 Likes

The latter scenario somehow wouldn’t even surprise me anymore.

“Honey, wake up! trump blew up the White House!”
“Go back to bed. It’s just like yesterday.”

9 Likes

Yeah ok. Right. Kids in love … blah blah … hormones… light S&M…

Shades of Blackmail

4 Likes

I’m sure it’s not appropriate to raise this subject here, but NTL; your ads are making stories like this one unreadable. I get several loud autoplay ads while trying to read a paragraph (with the mouse cursor parked in a dead zone) and three times the screen scrolled to the bottom while trying to read the same paragraph (again while the mouse was still). I have had this experience with other articles on your site in the last few days. I don’t use an adblocker because I think it breaks the social contract with content providers. If your users can’t use the site then advertisers suffer, right?

4 Likes

Ad networks are not being held accountable for their content, and have become a significant vector for malware. They don’t feel any obligation to the end user, so why do you feel an obligation to allow their content? Start using an ad blocker.

(You can always support BB by buying stuff through the shop.)

10 Likes

If you don’t want to use an adblocker (as pointed out above me) get a screen cap and mail it to badad@boingboing.net the publishers and admins hate that stuff as well and will quash it with prejudice when pointed out to them and beat up the ad provider network to cut that shit out.

10 Likes

Or if they have a review for something you like use the link from here to amazon and they will get a small cut.

5 Likes

Oh, for $%#@'s sake.
Donald is the last person to care that one of his people beat his wives. And he’s the kind of person who attracts people who wouldn’t care either. For that matter, Donald surely abused his wives one way or another since he in fact, and always has been, an abusive person.

4 Likes

The “3 Rs” as practiced by GOPers: Revolting Racists & Rapists.

1 Like

Why is this bad, even if you don’t care about violence against women? Because blackmail risk.

What blackmail risk? They seem proud of it. They practically put it on their CV. “Hey, lookame, I can abuse women and just walk awaaay”.

And someone else said “I want this man on my team”.

2 Likes

Thanks for that email address, I’ll keep it on file. In this instance, couldn’t really tell which ad was causing the trouble as it was autoplaying.

Ya, BB’s kind of in the middle here, they don’t control the behaviour of the ad placement firm. I have used ad blockers in the past, putting sites I used regularly on the exclusion list. Good point about supporting BB by using the Amazon Affiliate links; they don’t work for me though as I am not in the U.S. Even for books, you would think Amazon would forward to my account on Amazon.ca, but they don’t .

4 Likes