Robot "makes you do push-ups"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/25/robot-makes-you-do-push-ups.html

1 Like

I love his dry sense of humor; “it looks like crap, but it works like crap”

5 Likes

Can also be used as a pillory.

5 Likes

I don’t trust robots to not catch fire, especially if they’re designed to immobilize me.

6 Likes

Speaking exclusively for myself, I would have to say that the title of this article conjures up only the most terrifying of science fiction writing.

5 Likes

Never seen gear like this. As sporting equipment.

2 Likes

Ok so now we need that inventor guy to take his device and make the computer count how many direct hits with rotten tomatoes/eggs are made and only release the uservictim after a suitable count has been achieved. Number is trebled if occupant is a Donald or a Boris. (Or Nigel, or Mitch, or…)

2 Likes

I’d suggest Steve Bannon, but I’m afraid he might enjoy it.

2 Likes

In his case, bricks would be an acceptable alternative to rotten food, and it does not matter if the computer is unable to count them.

1 Like

It’s cheating a bit to make us guess how it functions but only show us half of the system. The important part is the laptop with the camera and object detection software programmed to calculate the angle of a human body.

1 Like

It’s no butter bot

ETA

Fans can pre-order the limited edition product right here for $147.

3 Likes

Seems more geared towards the bondage fantasy crowd.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.