Robot stitches a grape back together

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/10/04/robot-stitches-a-grape-back-to.html

1 Like

When I think of all the times I needed to stitch a grape back together and didn’t have this robot… The future is a beautiful place.

2 Likes

It should be noted that this is not an autonomous robot, a human controller (a surgeon one presumes) is driving it.

8 Likes

It’s probably supposed to be an eye :scream:

3 Likes

3 Likes

Well, it’s great that the scrape got stitched up, but I think the stick up its ass is the major problem it has.

8 Likes

Well, there’s a thing I hope I will never require.

1 Like

I know it’s only a grape, but it still made me wince.

2 Likes

I think that it is primarily used for prostate surgery (originally used for cardiac), but has branched out to all sorts of other surgeries.

I almost winced less thinking it was supposed to be an eye. Almost.

1 Like

I never had the patience or dexterity for this, so I usually just use the iron-on patches to fix damaged produce.

8 Likes

There were a lot of edits in there, I wonder how long it really took.

2 Likes

I just hope the grape feels better!

4 Likes

Personally confirmed. One of them stitched the remaining part of my right kidney back together a couple years ago after a mass was removed.

2 Likes

Is the term waldo just not as cool as robot? Sigh, robots get all the clicks.

1 Like

May it live a long and productive life.

2 Likes

I thought it was common practice for all sutures to be individually knotted and cut, or is that not the case for internal suturing?
Still impressive. I like the reveal at the end.

A real grape would wait for the missing skin to regrow itself, not run to the doctor like a baby.

3 Likes

Make America Grape Again!