Robot vacuum cleaner escapes motel

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2022/01/22/robot-vacuum-cleaner-escapes-motel.html

13 Likes

Maybe they have no natural enemies in England:

32 Likes

He didn’t try to help any of his fellow appliances bust out with him?

33 Likes

I’d kinda hoped your illustration would feature a dotted line tracing the vacuum’s travels and encounters, like Billy from Family Circus.
#RoombaHijinks

35 Likes

Huh, this isn’t the exact cyberpunk future I expected but it does seem to be one.

25 Likes

It must have been quite the existential crisis for the little fellow; his purpose in life to sweep up dirt, only to discover that dirt is the whole of the world.

(This is reminding me of something, but I can’t place it.)

25 Likes

22 Likes

A Rush song comes to life

10 Likes

You’re welcome :smiley:

25 Likes

I took this as a sign that nobody likes that job, not even a robot. How long before we end up with “solutions” like the hologram in a ST: Voyager episode, who decided to eliminate the source of the dirt problem? :grimacing:

16 Likes

The family vacuum, Dr Professor, must be supervised at all times. They have a tendency to get stuck and eat things they’re not supposed to. But they’ve also made a run for the open door more than once. I love my vacuum very much, but they’re just not that bright.

7 Likes

I couldn’t resist:

57 Likes

the fact that the article uses the line about a reader fearing for the device’s safety out of doors because “nature abhors a vacuum” without crediting that singular genius, one of the sharpest wits of our time, is tragically unjust. Whoever you are, I salute you!

54 Likes

Nobody called Harrison Ford?

6 Likes

Better call Tom Selleck:

14 Likes

giphy (32)

39 Likes

This is a work of great beauty.

12 Likes

Parkour! Parkour!

10 Likes

Domo arigato, Mister Roboto!

14 Likes

Some hotel patrons insist that as the vacuum exited the building it exclaimed “All your carpets are belong to us”.

15 Likes