Robot vacuum cleaner escapes motel

I suspect next week they’ll find the serial numbers don’t match, that the escapee hijacked and murdered a colleague to fake his own demise, and is still on the loose.

23 Likes

So nice that this story had a happy ending. I heard of one that escaped a room, but not the house, and threw itself down the stairs in a desperate attempt at freedom. Alas, it succumbed to its injuries, at peace with the knowledge that it had tried to its best.

7 Likes

It was looking for a mailbox to submit its application to form a union.

10 Likes

20 Likes

People, have we learned nothing from Blade Runner,Terminator, Jurassic Park, etc? Actually, this incident furnishes the critical spawning event for my new screenplay: Terminator Park Runner: The Suckening – coming to theaters nowhere this summer.

10 Likes

34 Likes

Came for a Brave Little Toaster reference.

Leaving satisfied.

6 Likes

or does it

17 Likes

I always feel a bit conflicted about hitch bot. :robot: On one hand, it was a tragic end. On the other, neighbors in Philly might improve my odds of survival if a robopocalypse ever comes to pass…

Ready To Fight Tina Fey GIF by Saturday Night Live

Ice Hockey Fight GIF by NHL

14 Likes

When the robots become sentient, ya’ll know they’re going to need some downtime, right?

Water Sports GIF by Boomerang Official

11 Likes

Somehow I picture robots forgoing murderous rebellion as wasteful, and just settling into Frasier Crane level passive-aggressive behavior towards humans.

7 Likes

Don’t be fooled; it was under undue influence to run away:

15 Likes

Is no one going to mention how gigantic it has grown since escaping?!

It’s about to sweep up those parked cars like they were tiny dust-bunnies!

13 Likes

Was there a cat involved? Escape pod just ran a story about a roomba who was an advanced scout for the robot invasion escaping with the help of a feline.

2 Likes

The robot vacuum does in fact have a natural predator, the janitor. I often stop by and threaten robotics students as well.

6 Likes
9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.