Adorable doglike robot can climb fences and open doors

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/09/30/adorable-doglike-robot-can-cli.html

Yea sure, what a cute doggie. Don’t call it “ghost minotaur,” people might figure out its true purpose.

2 Likes

Sure, but where’s the flamethrower?

3 Likes

Still waiting for the inevitable (to me anyway) mashup with the Tom Selleck classic Runaway. Someone? Anyone? Pretty please?

4 Likes

Wired also wrote about a climibing robot.
Got me wondering whether we’re not just better off with flying ones. How much energy is saved by climbing as opposed to flying?

1 Like

2 Likes

Round doorknobs are a good thing.

2 Likes

@frauenfelder won this round

2 Likes

Surely you mean “Gene Simmons classic”?

No sale. When it brings me a bottle of beer, I’m gonna have to wait an hour before opening the cap.

2 Likes

Unless you’re talking about a Del Shanon song, I have no idea what you’re referring to.

“They set a slamhound on Turner’s trail in New Delhi, slotted it to his pheromones and the color of his hair.”
(William Gibson, Count Zero)

Magnum PI battles Gene Simmons’ army of Roombas. Also there is a gun that fires remote-controlled bullets, and the captain from Police Academy yells at Magnum.

2 Likes

Nope squared.

He heard her clicking on the sidewalk, but he hadn’t made her yet. It was a metallic click, like striking a tooth as a drill, when it first delves in, the initial click, but there were several of them, in a row. He realized the sound was echoing off of the wall of the castle, throwing off his aim. It was closer.

Dropping his hand to his side, he freed his sidearm.

click click click click

The clicks came from everywhere.

And then, the light, the red light…

ploop kerff schfutpf

trickle

aroma

…java light…

Coffee dreamed.

1 Like

Foiled again by bad industrial design!

… but does it hump legs?

only when wearing a shirt with wire-mesh fence design

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.