Robots made from ice to explore other planets

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/13/robots-made-from-ice-to-explore-other-planets.html

3 Likes

Ohhh, do Mercury first!

5 Likes

Brilliant.

I was gonna go with “perfect murder weapon”, but you trumpe beat me to it.

2 Likes

Cool idea.

2 Likes

Déjà vu:

1 Like

I’ve found the perfect mothership for them!

6 Likes

The planet or the metal?

It sounds like an exercise in seeing what stuck in the rover, as if having a dog sunk in the terroir is what you want back for spectroscopy. The patching of its wounds with fresh ice sounds iffy at best. I can’t find the ____ paper. Why not lead with weaving exotic particles into baryonic straw rather than making a snowflake of phase chart self-damage and caulking it with itself?

Well, Gundam Build Divers turned out to be larded on the kidsy side when I looked at it, so Imperfect Arms Gundam Smirnoff Cranberry Juniper Ice does sound a little better. I’ll have to compare it with Pretty Soldier Tanker BLEUGHDon’tCare in case the latter has better chops.

Waste plastic would seem less goopy and easier to purify. :slight_smile: Any larger molecule. Space dust refinement, even. Any larger molecule that wrangles hydrogen easily, preferably. But do we get to test giant freezing water (and grit) beam tools that way, leading into space with kudzu kinetic shields and whole root vegetables we wanted seasoned in the solar wind? Which brings things back to what to do with the outgoing administration.

4 Likes

On the rocks please. Yes, I’ll have another.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.