Rock and roll pioneer Jerry Lee Lewis, RIP

I thought it was Marty Feldman circa Young Frankenstein!

3 Likes

Yeah, it gets messy and Nelson was mostly known in the '50s for writing songs that other people performed and Kristofferson was in the Army until 1965 but for me (in my highly subjective and possibly incorrect opinion) they are part of that cohort.

3 Likes

Whew, am I glad I wasn´t the only one thinking that!

4 Likes

I saw Wanda about 7ish years ago—it was a lot of fun. Biggest surprise was she started her set late—around 11. I ended up tapping out before the end because it was a work night and she played into the wee hours. It was a great show—Wanda was in great form and shared tons of memories from her experiences as a performer over the decades. See her if you get the chance!

7 Likes

I think what happens is people at hospitals want to be the person who breaks the story of a celebrity’s death (they sometimes get kickbacks from tabloids and sketchy websites for it), so sometimes they jump the gun by reporting someone on their last legs as actually dead, so it isn’t really coincidence that they die a few days later.

4 Likes

We can’t hold him to today’s standards… no one understood that marrying your 13 year old cousin once removed was wrong back then… /s

13 Likes

Yeah, it’s not like he couldn’t tour internationally when he was outed as a paedophile at the time or anything…

5 Likes

Yeah, and he didn’t actually “break his silence” to affirm he was still alive - he probably was in no shape to do so at that point; it was his staff that sent out the press release to let everyone know he was alive, ironically as he was in his final decline. But my serious confusion was more based around not having seen the recent, incorrect, story about his death, only the correction, and having the false memory that I had read about his death a year or two earlier (and then, worse, having it followed up with news of his actual death).

4 Likes

Exactly, I think the headline needs to change. “Rock and roll pedophile…”

Just in case this wasn’t common knowledge…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.