Rolls-Royce's futuristic self-driving luxury car

In both instances: too few polygons. By a couple orders of magnitude.

1 Like

Yes, they’re almost certainly going for a Syd Mead look here.

1 Like

I’d like to see it turn to understand how those front wheel skirts could work. If they raised the rear skirts to the level of the car body they’d look much better. The front ones, though, those just make no sense at all.

1 Like

Yeah, but only just.

1 Like

Because massive savings in fuel effeciency.

1 Like

Purest wank. Just the thing for 0.01% wankers who like to wallow in obnoxiously self-indulgent decadence and herald the end times of late-stage capitalism.

Shit like this deserves to be rolled over by a starving, angry mob, cracked open, and the fat fuck inside devoured like a chook thrown to a pack of wolves.

2 Likes

My problem with the wheels is how unimaginative they are. I think Goodyear has a good idea what wheels will look like for autonomous vehicles.
Hint: The wheels are spherical.

2 Likes

Ah, James. Do bring the R(cough)Edsel(/cough)olls round.

1 Like

. . . because no one would be caught dead driving anything that remotely looks like that. No driving, no mileage, no gas used. Global warming solved!

3 Likes

That spherical tire is so cool. So many neat technologies! Oh, to be one of the engineers doing ivy tower research like that. You do wonder if any it will ever see the outside of a computer simulation, though. Especially the magnetic levitation business . . .

2 Likes

My personal favorite concept car is the Chrysler Atlantic:

I wouldn’t mind driving that around at all.

4 Likes

Now that looks functional and stylish.
My fave concept right now is generic looking but electric and is supposed to have a kick ass range on a charge. ETA looks to be on the market for 2017 as well.

1 Like

To show off it’s rebellious side?

Um… which way is the front? Where are the door handles? This car confuses me…

4 Likes

Definitely stylish. I wonder what the trunk space is like, though. I guess it’s not exactly made for hauling groceries . . . :wink:

It’s neat we’re finally getting electric cars, after so many years of promises. Now if we could just get the fusion reactors to charge them!

1 Like

Probably no worse than say the Honda Fit. Don’t take the family and throw the back seats down and it should be good.

2 Likes

I don’t even need to put the seats down to get my groceries… am I doing it wrong?

2 Likes

They also did the Chrysler Phaeton, in the same art deco style, which was pretty cool:

5 Likes

Not really I am a big fan of just tossing things in the back seat!

I dunno. Looks like a Bugatti 57 Atlantique did it better.

7 Likes