Romania's anti-corruption protests are massive, growing, and they're playful and serious at once

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/02/06/romanias-anti-corruption-pro.html

5 Likes

Good for them! Now let’s get Americans in the streets and get this fool tRump out. RESIST!

9 Likes

Protesting corruption? How quaint. I wish corruption was the worst thing over here.

7 Likes

This is whay we need more of — riots of reason!

5 Likes

If “Have a good time” is their motivation well, then it might as well be a just another winter holiday in Transylvania.

I am happy to see that the Women’s March organizers are planning “General Strike: A Day Without A Woman”. Date TBD.

8 Likes

The pattern here in the states seems to be, a rowdy rollicking good time protesting in the streets, and then lots of self congratulation as the opposition goes and does whatever it wanted to do in the first place. Blue America is great at registering its displeasure, not so great at actually shaping policy.

4 Likes

just coming in to say that same thing. We need to take notes!

#TheResistance

1 Like

“I’m my own woman.”

2 Likes

Are you -sure- this photo isn’t from the Trump inauguration?

3 Likes

Government takes on the Populace.
Meh.
Oh, the Romanian Populace, you say?
Hmm.

Considering how those protests ended the last time, that government would be wise to take notice.
Also, their western neighbours could learn a thing or two from them.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.