What some of the geniuses at the fake-ass 'free the states' coronavirus spreading rallies are saying

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/20/what-some-of-the-geniuses-at-t.html

8 Likes

Hey, at least they managed to find a protester who isn’t a Holocaust denier! That’s gotta count for something, right? Right?

63 Likes

Making America Gasp for Air

29 Likes

Making America Go Assbackward

28 Likes

Just when you thought people couldn’t get more stupid and self-destructive than the anti-vaxxers…

Finding strata below rock-bottom has been the underlying theme of the last four years in the U.S.

31 Likes

applebees

(source)

51 Likes

There is no bottom: it’s turtles all the way down. Tangerine colored turtles with 2 lbs of foundation, a bad combover and a tiny tiny brain (not to mention the tiny hands and mushroom dick, I mean that wouldn’t be nice to mention at all, right?)

20 Likes

Sociopaths worldwide are taking notes on how cheaply and easily crowds of useful idiots can be marshalled while maintaining plausible deniability.

13 Likes

My brother sent me this one:

40 Likes

Made America Great? When?

8 Likes

Everyone: It’s important to stay inside.

MAGAs: Dumb sheeple. You’d jump off a bridge if the government told you to.

Everyone: Ummm, jumping off bridges is illegal.

MAGAs: Like hell it is! [jumps off nearest bridge… for Freedom!]

24 Likes

If only Congress could set conditions for stimulus payments to the states, like revamping public schools, correcting textbooks, and paying teachers $25 an hour.

12 Likes

(That opening tweet sounds like an Onion story.)

We’re not just winning the race to the bottom, we’re digging out a new bottom and normalizing it for the whole world.
Winning!

13 Likes

I was hesitant to post this yesterday because I didn’t want to belittle or otherwise find humor in (a presumably nonzero number of) people who show up to these things, legitimately anxious about their futures. But that’s not this guy. And I’ve posted it here before (and probably found it here, too).

ETA:

Ah… that’d be Murf’issburra.

21 Likes

Feel free to lump every last one of them in. These are the rugged individualists who have been preparing for a zombie apocalypse for decades, but can’t handle three weeks without getting a haircut or going to the bar. At best they are a bunch of whiny-ass man babies. At worst they are coldly calculating accessories to mass manslaughter.

29 Likes

Speaking as a rugged individualists who has been preparing for a zombie apocalypse for decades, I don’t think those people are actually preppers.

Preppers get lumped in with the right-wing 2A conspiracy crazies, and admittedly preppers tend to skew to the right. But a certain amount of preparedness is just good practise if you can afford it. The preppers will ride this thing out without any great difficulty unless they also happen to be front line workers.

These people seem to me to be just regular urban Republicans.

:thinking:

18 Likes

It’s really too bad that stupid burns instead of kills.

5 Likes

I’m a de facto prepper just because of hiking/camping/backpacking activities, but I’m referring primarily to the variety that includes tactical cosplay from people who couldn’t hike a 15-minute mile across flat ground with no pack.

25 Likes

This is where it started for me…

9 Likes

Strata? I thought there would be MAGmA down below underneath rock bottom.

12 Likes