What some of the geniuses at the fake-ass 'free the states' coronavirus spreading rallies are saying

How many of these are being organized through social media by Russian troll farms, I wonder?

And how long until they’re also organizing counter protests?

11 Likes

When I read the statements by these MAGAts, they seem to range between “this is crazy and I have difficulty following the train of thought that led them to say this” and “there’s clearly no train of thought here at all.”

8 Likes

Dig far enough and those bottom-racers will end up in China. That’ll piss them off, even more. :wink:

6 Likes

Best to assume that all of the above is already happening.

4 Likes

My landlord flys the original- right next to my house.

I just fucking died laughing at this man, I want this on my car to mock these idiots :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

9 Likes
19 Likes

I look at photos of these people and think similar thoughts. “Okay, you five tough guys. See that canopy sticking out from the building two blocks away? I’ll give every one of you that can outrun me to there $100 cash. BTW, if you lose, you each owe me $50.” I’m at least 20 years older than the oldest of those boobs and can guarantee that I wouldn’t pay a cent. Probably would have a bitch of a time getting the losers to pay up, though.

10 Likes

If only it were this easy.

The problem is when these idiots cause a second wave (just like back in the “good old days” of the spanish flu), they’re going to take us with them.

9 Likes
24 Likes

He should have left out the hashtag too, as it just bumps up the twitter ranking of the initial propaganda.

5 Likes

What a Michigan Nurse in NYC has to say about these bozos.

Are all of the people “protesting” in Lansing today and stabbing all of us healthcare providers in the back planning on quarantining for 14 days? Paying their $1000 fee for meeting with a group greater than 10? Giving up their right to a ventilator and medical attention? Signing DNRs? You’re all assholes. If you support that group today, you are too.

Ironic that your little stunt just extended our quarantine fools and further damaged our economy and killed thousands of people.

Mark my words. I’ve watched this first hand in a major city like ours and I can’t even begin to explain the sheer terror that is headed your way.

16 Likes

15 Likes

check this out, the “reopen” movement has ties back to Russia

https://krebsonsecurity.com/2020/04/whos-behind-the-reopen-domain-surge/

makes complete sense

5 Likes

Working class people have nice cars too. It all depends on priorities. Some people don’t mind that car payment.

There’s supposed to be one happening soon about 50 miles from where I am. If only I could rent one of those rolling coal trucks I’d happily show my support by driving circles around them. :wink:

ETA - By that I mean I would like to engulf them in a black cloud of noxious fumes.

3 Likes

That black Chevy Silverado Z71 that was the last truck in the video lists for a cool $62k.

ETA:

The contractors and land developers who buy $60k trucks and write off the depreciation as a business expense aren’t working class. The Starbucks barista who they scowl at in the morning and the Whole Foods clerk who they sneer at are, though.

Too bad there aren’t any production Rivian trucks on the road, yet. That would be even better - here’s a $60k electric truck that can “smoke” your coal roller. :wink:

19 Likes

Apparently floating around on Facebook:

26 Likes

Right. I understand that people are desperate about losing their jobs and worried about losing their homes, but if they’re trying to force other front line workers back to work before we have mass testing and full access to PPE, they should be signing a waiver to any access to ventilators if a choice needs to be made between treating them (the protesters) and treating someone who stayed at home.
It will be horribly interesting to see if these areas experience spikes of infections 2 weeks from now.

9 Likes

$40k? Most of those trucks were at least $60k. King cab, 8’ bed, tonneau covers, diamond-plate toolboxes. etc.

[Mr. Kidd just bought a new truck last fall, I’m painfully aware of how much most of those trucks cost. Fortunately, he has a truck allowance from work that pays the majority of the monthly payment.]

@DukeTrout, you’ve been truck shopping lately, I see. :smirk:

18 Likes

The sad thing is, it’s going to be a self fulfilling prophecy. They’re going to force people back to work in southern states, they’re going to travel all over the US and spread this thing around, it’s going to spike everywhere basically, and we’ll be back to work in a month or two when this thing burns through us and we develop herd immunity.

Only, 500,000 might die.

And then they’ll say “See, it would have happened anyway, we did all that shut down stuff and half a million died. We killed a ton of people AND the economy.”

Partially though I do blame the media for the lack of education on the “Flattening the curve” thing. It did really well to educate people that we had to “flatten the curve to keep health care resources in check.” But it did really poorly in making it clear that “flattening the curve” had to proceed all the way through the pandemic, that the moment we stop the flattening the curve measures that we will lose control again. I don’t think people were aware that signing up to flatten the curve meant signing up to 3 to 6 months of isolation.

4 Likes