Lockdown protestor to man in nurse scrubs: "Go to China!"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/20/lockdown-protestor-to-man-in-n.html

10 Likes

Oh, the people over in /r/ShitAmericansSay would have a field day with this.

4 Likes

So a bunch of states are going to have to choose between martial law and the Florida model that everything is A-OK and we only have fear itself to fear, with Trump in the middle encouraging the states to fight and giving incentives to governors and businesses who liberate the states.

We have interesting days ahead.

13 Likes

Note that the two nurses were not interrupting the lockdown protester’s movement. The nurses walked into the crosswalk and stood silently during red lights. The woman is screaming not because her protest is impinged, but because she is realizing what a horrible person she is.

56 Likes

Indeed we do. If there’s one thing I’m sure this virus respects, it’s state borders. I forsee no ill consequences at all from these gatherings.

SMDH /s

15 Likes

I don’t believe the counter-protesters in scrubs were actually blocking traffic. They were just stepping out into the crosswalk during red lights and staring down the anti-quarantine protesters.

It was a basically just a way to say “look at us, the people you are putting in harm’s way, before you brush aside this pandemic.” And of course that simple act was more than enough to enrage the crazies.

59 Likes

You can’t fix stupid.

6 Likes

The two extremes are not the only choice. These “operation gridlock” rallies are being coordinated / provoked by organizers that are coordinating groups on Facebook. Facebook has only disallowed the groups when they refer to states where the gatherings break stay at home orders, such as California. California isn’t currently under “martial law”.

4 Likes

Something something they aren’t sending their best people something something snowflakes.

5 Likes

But, unfortunately, you can foment it. As Fux News has figured out.

17 Likes

I call for the forcible detention and quarantining for people who do not follow the covid response rules.

I hope not, but let’s take Michigan as an example: what does the state do if/when there are, say, 20k people who refuse to abide by the closure orders? That’s a tiny fraction of the population, but enough to overwhelm law enforcement.

1 Like

With a large enough group refusing to cooperate, something like that could happen. Where does your figure of 20k come from? Is there any evidence there is actually that much resistance, or is it speculative? Polling shows broad support for the measures being taken, even with Republicans.

3 Likes

Lol, little does she know her “Land Free” placard is anti-private property. Accidental Marxism!

12 Likes

I’m not sure I can believe that without watching the video, and watching that video is not how I want to start my week. Self realization is uncommon in people who behave that way.

14 Likes

So apparently right wing media has decided that a “blame China” message is the path to GOP election success in 2020. Expect to hear more of this lunatic ranting in the months to come.

No idea what the logic is behind this - but then again, GOP and Logic do not necessarily go together.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-15/trump-s-gop-blames-china-for-coronavirus-with-eye-on-2020-races

13 Likes

Right now we have an collection of media networks that influence tens of millions of people openly encouraging defiance of state orders, to go along with the President of the United States doing the same. When I look at the cult of personality Trump has inculcated and the depths they are willing to go to prove their dear leader right, I see no reason to believe they can’t assemble that kind of critical mass that will bring this to a direct confrontation in the states. Hope I’m wrong.

5 Likes

There is concern there. Also, the tendency for the left to amplify and spread the message of these faux protests doesn’t help.

4 Likes

Can we get a law passed that if you protest the lockdown, you are automatically last to receive any kind of treatment for COVID when you become infected?

It’d be interesting to see if these groups were so cavalier about the risks if they knew they’d suffer the consequences for their actions. It’d also be nice to see what they thought about their “freedom” when their little death cult started to reap the rewards of their idiocy.

7 Likes

Lockdown protester on deathbed: IT WAS THE CONTRAILS, GODDAMMIT!

5 Likes