Lockdown protestor to man in nurse scrubs: "Go to China!"

That would put law enforcement officers in danger from contracting or spreading the disease, not to mention the danger from the gun nuts themselves. Prisons and detainment centers are also highly efficient vectors for contagious disease.

There aren’t any good options available if a substantial portion of the population defy the social distancing guidelines, only a variety of bad options.

14 Likes

Are you suggesting the armed rednecks waving confederate flags and shrieking about the gubmint on the 25th anniversary of the Oklahoma City bombing weren’t actually doing a critique of public health policies? Well that’s just crazy talk.

33 Likes

Don’t be too generous, it is a finite resource and you might be scraping the bottom.

5 Likes

I think this would be a great use of facial recognition. If you come down with covid-19 and your face has been detected as a protestor you get no health care. Your only option is house arrest.

3 Likes

Somebody needs to show her what COVID is really like:

That’s roughly as good an idea as withholding cancer treatment from anyone who has been caught on camera smoking.

3 Likes

Lock the protestors down where they are for the next two weeks. Airdrop in food and water.

Let them figure the rest out their damn selves by “pulling themselves up by the bootstraps”.

This includes medical care.

Oh, and charge anyone who survives for the food. Make next of kin of anyone who dies pay for that food.

I mean, that’s free will and personal responsibility right?

Alternately, move them to the houses of billionaires and let everyone involved figure it out.

3 Likes

This whole anti-lockdown protest is seemingly being coordinated by a fairly small group, if only one group of people, and being amplified (maybe even coordinated?) by Ding-Dong’s administration. Domains and groups for the protests in PA, WI, OH, MN, IA are by the same individual in Florida, posing as gun rights groups in those other states, and the MD, NC, NJ ones are by a second group. The WHOIS clearly listed the individual as of a couple days ago, but has since enabled proxy service to hide the registration information. Identical copy for Facebook groups + websites of the “organizations” who are opening the Facebook pages/groups/events.

Bunch of evidence, plus screenshots, archived here:
https://archive.is/2XbOq
https://archive.is/yLzak

25 Likes

Probably related to this:

13 Likes

Colorado nurses are fucking awesome.

22 Likes

Worth noting that the nurse was preventing the suicidally genocidal racist peabrain from using her truck to intimidate pedestrians from using the crosswalk to and from the hospital during a red light. He didn’t block the protestor; he stopped her from harassing patients, which is why they’re thanking him as they pass.

28 Likes

I don’t see that. I see someone looking at a frontline healthworker and seeing only that they are not white (and should “go back to China”)

7 Likes

When you smoke, you put yourself at risk.
When you come in groups en masse to protest quarantine, you’re putting everyone at risk. Not just you and the other protesters, but everyone you have contact with, and everyone who has contact with them, and so forth ad infinitum.
You’re worsening the load on the health system by all the above effects and prolonging the effect of the COVID epidemic (so longer quarantine for everyone else. Not everyone can aspire to be the one person infecting 1000 like the guy at the korean buffet, but their effect is much greater than just them getting sick.
So very different from smoking.

6 Likes

Let’s see; Travel Agent Trixie.

1 Like

Or instead of trying to rationalize a tossed-off post, we don’t advocate the withholding of lifesaving medical care.

4 Likes

“‘Economic Anxiety’ Is Just A Cover Story For Racism”, CASE STUDY #862462.

4 Likes

Except when you smoke, you also put others at risk. Second hand smoke. Can’t count the number of times I’ve seen adults smoke around children or violate smoking ordinances in public places.

That’s beside the point though. The best course of action is to treat everyone equally in the health care system - whether they got lung cancer from smoking or from being around a parent who smoked. Or if they got 'Rona from a protest or from a relative who was at a protest. The health care system is hallowed ground and should not be politicized.

It’s infuriating to see people doing this, but remember, that is what they want - to get your dander up. Best not to give them the satisfaction. I think that deep down, all humans have an authoritarian/fascist streak - the people in the protests are certainly letting theirs show, but letting the pendulum swing too far the other way is not a good idea either.

ETA: There are mechanisms to address the “korean buffet” issue - namely criminal charges. But if the protest is a legal one, we shouldn’t revert to using the health care system to punish people.

10 Likes

48 Likes

Idea: Swap out southern border immigrants in cages with anti-lockdown protesters.

15 Likes

I just put this into a local Denver Nextdoor thread where cretins like her are arguing with sane folk. Let the carnage ensue. I hope it makes https://twitter.com/BestofNextdoor

1 Like