Rosetta Stone is still the fastest way to learn a new language

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/24/rosetta-stone-is-still-the-fas.html

Maybe it’s something to do with my hardware, but I always found Rosetta Stone’s speech recognition terrrible. I had to sometimes deliberately mispronounce something to get the program to accept it as correct.

Otherwise, it has its uses.

Is this sponsored?

Being sold in the shop.

Yes. As noted in the user info:

” Posts from this account on Boing Boing are sponsored posts from StackCommerce.”

This relationship is mentioned in our Terms of service as well.

1 Like

The fastest way to learn a new language is to fall in love with a native speaker.

7 Likes

Or go to prison with a native speaker…

3 Likes

Technically, not mutually exclusive.

5 Likes

Totally clicked here not for Rosetta Stone, but to see what people actually thought was best cheapest fastest way to learn a new language, other than Rosetta Stone.

1 Like

Boing boing is super greedy. Half the time they don’t even mark off sponsored content. I was embarrassed that I read bb the other day when my coworker goes “they used to be cool, but now they are nothing but ads”

I won’t even come here unless it’s on Firefox with NoScript running. Also turned off the GIFs. Currently using Incognito Adblocker and Kill Sticky. Naturally all cookies go away when Firefox gets closed, and third party cookies are verboten.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.