Rotaboxes is a simple but challenging puzzle game

Originally published at: Rotaboxes is a simple but challenging puzzle game | Boing Boing

3 Likes

@frauenfelder, as of now, the article doesn’t include a link; here it is:

13 Likes

Is it always a cat? Because I’d be fine with that.

3 Likes

You can play older instances. Puzzle #1 has a dog.

1 Like

I’ve played a couple of older games, and I HAVE A TIP!

So this one game has two squares that are all a uniform shade of off-white that need to be rotated for the game to finish. How to avoid wasting clicks? How? HOW?

What I’ve done with some success is peer at my LED screen from the sharp angle that makes it either way too light or way too dark for normal (depending–the next game had black squares) and peer at them for differences. It at least improves my odds.

edit: Works better on my ancient second monitor. Oh, well. Puzzle #4 with the dog on the black background has like six all-black squares, and three of them show no detail in any orientation. Skip that one and be happier. I didn’t see a way to toss a game if I didn’t like how it was going.

2 Likes

They should combine that with a sliding puzzle game to make it harder.

3 Likes

I preferred yesterday’s picture. It had a cat.

2 Likes

I’ve got to wait 12 hours for the next one? :frowning:

If I scroll all the way to the bottom of the page, I can play older games…does that show up on your screen?

Though once we catch up on those 29 or so that exist so far (it seems), I suppose we’re back in the position of waiting for the next new one to come out…

1 Like

Cool, thank you. The lack of stress-free fun time was stressing me out.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.