Russian FSB agents confuse "The Sims" with SIM cards in alleged Nazi evidence plant

Originally published at: Russian FSB agents confuse "The Sims" with SIM cards in alleged Nazi evidence plant | Boing Boing

11 Likes

Looks like that red t shirt has never been worn either. Get me the prop department! i need a nazi shirt right now.

17 Likes

Putin has only the best people.

12 Likes

What’s the green wig for?

9 Likes

People really are that stupid to fall for that huh?

5 Likes

If you have to ask, you’re not ready to know.

10 Likes

perhaps its the work of a double agent ingeniously botching the planting of evidence, maybe there is even a secret message planted in the sims game so kids can find it like in a 80s cold war era spy movie.

8 Likes

You may as well ask, “Why is there a watermelon there?”

12 Likes

Does anyone know if this holds up in the context of the language the orders were presumably delivered in?

Is “SIM” or “SIM card” one of those jargon terms that has achieved vernacular status across languages; or is it one where there are assorted local terms derived from the appropriate translations of “subscriber identity module”?

7 Likes

Gosh, if they’re telling the truth, you’d think they’d be parading the arrestees all over TV instead of this oddball collection of “evidence”.

In that baggie…is that crack?!? Whodafuq and where dafuq does one obtain such an antiquity in the year 2022? I mean, beyond a dusty old evidence locker?

8 Likes

It’s a contest between the Russian public and the thuggish meatheads the FSB sent to buy the materials for the supposed plot.

5 Likes

The answer is yes.

5 Likes

Someone said on reddit earlier that it may not have been a mistake, but rather a dogwhistle. The Sims is supposedly a bit of a political football in Russia emblematic of cultural degeneration, since you can have gay characters. It would be a bit like having a Mister Potatohead or whatever the nutters are wanking themselves into a froth about this week. The intended audience reads it as intended, we just see a mistake.

14 Likes

Not an FSB fuck up—these are clearly the actual possessions of someone deeply devoted to Simlish Nationalism

4 Likes

Anyone who points out the stupidity can be arrested or assassinated, so suspicious doings get more mileage than they would in a freer society.

4 Likes

Fake Ukrainian passports, Nazi paraphernalia, weapons…
This has False Flag operation stamped all over it, fodder for the home market.

4 Likes

You left out the best part: the card signed “illegible signature!”

5 Likes

I prefer to believe this is an instance of malicious compliance by a junior agent who hates his bosses rather than just overt stupidity.

2 Likes

Oskar Schindler, who faked the Polish attack that the Nazis used as an excuse to invade in the 1930s, would have done better.

1 Like

And of course, everybody knows undercover n4zi assassins don’t go ANYwhere without their bright red t-shirts & literature.

Accept Season 4 GIF by Billions

2 Likes