Needs more Adidas sweats.

7 Likes

And it’s the long form ID card.

13 Likes

He has the Trump pout!

2 Likes

I was expecting him to be shirtless.

18 Likes

Hard to recognize him with all his clothing on.

10 Likes

What? Why? I would think that a man who constantly displays himself as Conan the barbarian would not care that he previously worked for a hardcore organization as the KGB.

4 Likes

The specifics of what he did there are likely still classified.

Edit: I tried to Google myself up an answer on whether or not the Russians routinely issue Glomar type responses (bearing in mind that Russians lack the legal reasons to do so) and unfortunately the results are utterly, utterly polluted with stuff about Jeff Sessions or the literal Glomar incident. I’m really curious to know if they just officially deny everything.

4 Likes

I’d like to stress, more now than ever, that I am my own idiot.

2 Likes

It must be difficult to take an acceptable photograph of your subject while laughing or especially nauseous.

3 Likes

Only five more punches on his dictator card and he gets a free election…

41 Likes

Documentary evidence that the current autocrat of Russia worked closely with one of the most brutal and pervasive secret police apparatuses of the 20th century? Clearly there are only two conclusions thinking people can draw:

1. Don’t be so smug, BB hypocrites. The deceased one-term President from the late 1980s you all celebrated just days ago was also once head of the CIA. Totes the same! Tu Quoque! / WalterDurantyII

2. Fake news! I join BoingBoing to say is smear campaign on glorious leader of All Russias. Everyone know that at time Putin ran day care centre for widows and orfans at time of obviously forged ID card. Bits me why Americans don’t know this. / 3rublespozhaluysta@ira.peterburg.ru .

[please note on-topic and satirical (and spam-free) nature of comment]

18 Likes

In 1991 the Germans distributed the Stasi Archives to appropriate countries. In Scandinavian countries the information was immediately either destroyed or hidden in the archives of the secret police. The rumor is that almost every member of the ruling leftist or social-democrat parties were associated with Stasi.

Sure, that sounds like something you can say and not have to prove in any way.

I also heard that the ruling right wing or conservative parties were largely associated with Hitler, or Darth Vader. Of course, they immediately destroyed all the evidence.

6 Likes

8 Likes

Do you think the rumour was started by various right-leaning parties at the time?

2 Likes

For example: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiitinen_list

Where can I get/make some of those awesome stempel (stamps). The Stasi had excellent design taste.

2 Likes