Russian state TV refers to Tulsi Gabbard as "our girlfriend Tulsi"

Her code name is Tootsie Galore

3 Likes

Well, has she denied any of this?

5 Likes

The distinction is largely academic, and probably correlates to their individual competence. The more competent the idiot, the more likely they are a paid asset rather than a voluntary one.

5 Likes

This is literally correct, although she ran in Hawaii, where she had to run as a Dem to have any chance of winning. As RickMycroft has pointed out, she is from a grifting wingnut family with crazy views. She pretended to disconnect from the cult, but I have my doubts.

16 Likes

I did not know that.

3 Likes

My vote is useful idiot, but in either case I wouldn’t expect the talking heads on Russian TV to have anymore insight on the matter than we do.

For comparison, it’s not like the US government gives Anderson Cooper a list of CIA assets for him to randomly name drop during interviews.

1 Like

“Everything is true, and nothing is possible” also works.

3 Likes

I’d love to see the three letter agency files after something like this happens.

Actually, I’d love to see whatever classified information exists on these assholes who, even if not actual paid Russian agents, are certainly functional Russian agents (because you know owning the libtards…)

4 Likes

Did you choose to slander AC randomly or on purpose?

3 Likes

хорошо сыграно бро

2 Likes

Neither. They are telling their Faux News^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^HRussian state television watchers that Russia is so good and so proficient and so sneaky and so ahead of the game that they have a prior US presidential candidate as an agent under Russian control. And they have Tulsi Gabbard too!

4 Likes

2 Likes

I’m buying shares in a resurgence of “Comrade”.

1 Like

Of course the Russians are trolling us, but that’s no reason why it can’t also be true.

3 Likes

Thiis isn’t entirely true; we’ve had Republican congresspeople in recent years, as well as a Republican governor. (The current mayor of Honolulu is a Republican, though officially it is a nonpartisan position.) Politics here is sui generis, and hard to interpret through a mainland lens. The local Republican party, in particular, is quite strange, and for decades has been a catch-all for small business idealogues, Butler cultists (Tulsi’s parents weren’t the first), religious fanatics, and other fringers.

By pretty much any reasonable measure, Tulsi is a Democrat. She has a couple of frankly despicable social positions based on her religion/cult which are out of step with the Party mainstream, and some foreign policy decisions which can be associated with either Trumpers on the right or tankies on the left. Her other positions have placed her pretty consistently somewhere between AOC and Pelosi in the Democratic Party.

2 Likes

To think she was running for president. Can you imagine having a Russian agent in the White House? Oh wait…

9 Likes

I don’t think @aluchko meant it as slander… think they were just saying that governments (Russia’s or the US) don’t tell media (state-aligned or otherwise) who is and isn’t an actual compromised asset as that would create a security situation and potentially render the asset useless. Though Republicans do have a habit of outing American agents.

Why the specific (and, AFAIK, fictional) example of Cooper?

1 Like

I dunno? My best guess is he chose someone recognizable so commenters would understand what he was talking about. If he had used Bob Evans of WCSH Maine as an example, 95% of people here wouldn’t have a clue… Maybe Vladimir Soloviev is about as famous in Russia as Cooper is here? I don’t think it was meant as a dig against Anderson Cooper or to suggest he faithfully carries the government line.

Nope

Correct. I assumed the Russian journalist was a relatively well-known journalist in Russia so I randomly chose AC as a comparable well-known journalist in the US.

The point is that governments, even the ones with state run media, don’t typically tell journalists about their secret agents. Especially not the kind of journalists who would randomly out them in a segment.