Tucker Carlson is now considered a "co-host" on Russian State TV

Originally published at: Tucker Carlson is now considered a "co-host" on Russian State TV | Boing Boing

19 Likes

Shill for a kleptocratic despot: the role Tucker Carlson was born to play. Now we need to figure out how to send him to Russia. Permanently.

48 Likes

52 Likes

37 Likes

So Tucker’s on TV, being shown in Russia, repeating the Russian propaganda that Ukraine has chemical and biological weapons labs, which is being used as justification for the invasion and suspected to be cover for Russia using chemical weapons on civilians in the future. (i.e. the Russians claiming, again, “It wasn’t our weapons, it must have been theirs!”) So Tucker is actively making himself a participant in war crimes. Fucker should be in jail. Even “Lord Haw-Haw” wasn’t operating from a British broadcaster…

52 Likes

He’s right at the center of this shit and has been from day one.

34 Likes

Hey, just because it’s blood-soaked Russkie dollars doesn’t mean they don’t spend. :man_shrugging:

/s

24 Likes

Christ. When is the FCC going to wake up and bring back Fairness Doctrine? Having a mandated rebuttal to this shit would help a lot. I keep wishing The Biden administration would get on that; despite all the likely hypocritical moaning about a “nanny state.”

US democracy is being attacked by likely foreign-backed stooges like FTucker.

25 Likes

The man is an idiot in the pay of the Russians, can we call him Barney Rouble now?

33 Likes

Fucking traitor.

12 Likes

I don’t know what the answer is, but I don’t think this is it. Much of the problem with our media, I think, stems from already voluntarily treating both sides of an “issue” with equal weight, regardless of the reality or validity of the opposing point of view.

6 Likes

Nobody on that channel says anything without the implicit support of that channel’s owner. So how much aid and comfort does Rupert Murdoch have to give to the Russian state before this counts as treasonous.

19 Likes

And depending on your calendar, day one was quite some time ago.

7 Likes

This one is making the rounds: Gremlin for the Kremlin:

12 Likes

Well, they’re not spending so well right now, but ultimately Tucker does this not for money but for love (of fascism).

11 Likes

Huh? Fux News (which is where Fucker Carlson lives) does nothing with the other side but caricature, ridicule and denounce it.

6 Likes

11 Likes

But they have those experts on, presenting that view, don’t they? Would that not satisfy the fairness doctrine? Honest question.

Meanwhile, CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, even PBS and NPR have republican and democratic talking heads to cover both sides of each non-issue. Mandating that each side of each manufactured controversy get equal time seems like compulsory bothsidesism.

I’d be happy to be wrong, but I don’t see a return of the fairness doctrine changing much.

It’s beginning to sound a lot like treason,
Every show I watch,
A Kremlin apologist,
As smart as an anal cyst,
That’s our Tucker Carl—son,

Oh, it’s beginning to sound a lot like Treason,
Every single night,
They’re starting to sing the blues,
Over at Faux “news”,
‘Coz they’re feeling the noose get tight!

12 Likes

When an administration insists on it?

5 Likes