Russia's military uses gigantic wooden comedy props for punishment

During WWII, my grandfather’s technique to help drunken soldiers get sober was to mix nuts and bolts in a bucket and order them to sort them out. When they were all sorted, he would dump them back in the bucket. Repeat until sober or adequately punished.

Largely used these days for aggressiveness training. With a modern rifle, it’s nearly always the case that you can shoot instead of stab.

In my opinion “…massive fake wooden cellphone” should read “…massive wooden fake cellphone” as I assume the wood was real.

The Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders did a bayonet charge in Basra in 2004. And there was at least one bayonet charge in the Falklands War.

Back in the early 1700s, Peter the Great made drunkards wear this 17-pound cast-iron “award” (labelled “For Drunkenness”) around their neck for a week.

Its just humiliation punishment.

He got that whole, “This is my rifle, this is my gun”, thing confused.

He forgot to bring his Army-issue javelin.

Excuse me–I have to try and fit that into a new verse of “What Shall We Do With The Drunken Sailor?”

Bazooka?

Let’s give giant wooden cell phones to the U.S. traffic courts for distracted drivers.

Let’s also give lead shoes to speeders. In fact, all punishments should be unusual.

similar stuff was applied to civilians, by civilians, e.g. “shrew’s fiddle” etc.

closed #35

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.