Sad Puppies, Rabid Puppies lose big at the Hugos

The level of dishonesty, vitriol and delusion here is stunning. The Hugo voters denied awards to deserving women, minorities and liberals, simply because they were nominated by “outsiders”. And they justified it by smearing innocent people as racists, sexists, homophobes, etc without a shred of evidence.

I haven’t read scifi since I was a teenager and I didn’t participate in the vote, so I don’t particularly care about the results one way or the other. I do however find it very funny that a bunch of hateful people burned down their own house and revealed how petty they are to the rest of the world simply out of spite. The Hugos are dead. Serves them right.

1 Like

The many messages on your Twitter account about the results suggests you care a great deal about them, which makes you a blatant liar.

15 Likes

Hi there! I just spent 10 minutes on google and found ample evidence of all three in Vox Day’s own words. Did you not bother to do that, or are you just lying?

12 Likes

It’s really weird how Bitcoiners always seem to get crossed over into MRA/redpill/gamergate territory. Heightened opinion of self? Must be why they’re called Dunning Krugerrands.

Have you ever attempted not lying through this transparent attempt to astroturf? Because if that’s the only way for you to “win”, may your puppies always and ever fail. You exist to “combat the influence of SJWs”, and promote ideology, not literacy.

13 Likes

Not kidding about “many tweets”. It’s like #puppygate Bloomberg over there.

9 Likes

I bet they have a propaganda wing.

2 Likes

There we go, FTFY.

1 Like

This is why I love BB’s comment section so very much.

4 Likes

This year was my second consecutive year as a supporting member of WorldCon. I chose not to nominate or vote because my input of new SF was poor. I’m not sure I had read any of the nominated works (in any category) before the voting deadline, despite receiving the voter’s packet. Although I intended to concentrate on non-Puppy nominees, time got ahead of me and I didn’t get even that far. Last year I managed to read one nominated short story, but that wasn’t enough for me to feel responsible in voting.

Next year, I’ll nominate and vote on something, I swear.

1 Like

He who smelt it, dealt it.

Hmmm… I don’t mean to be overly helpful, but if you are insistent upon joining a group to make your point there, and part of your point is to pretend to be a neutral bystander… use a handle that isn’t affiliated with your other stuff. Or just don’t lie. One or the other…

7 Likes

Opsec, geez.

1 Like

Somebody smelled “dishonesty, vitriol and delusion,” “hate,” “pettiness,” and, um, “spite.” So far. Not that he particularly cares. He seems more concerned with Gamergate.

1 Like

umm. Sorry.

I was observing that the childhood maxim “He who smelt it, dealt it” could be construed as an example of Psychological Projection.

and probably should pay more attention to context.

1 Like

5 Likes

After all that (and I read maybe half a dozen not-very-short articles about this whole Puppies thing over the past couple months), I still don’t get why they chose to call themselves Puppies, sad or otherwise.

2 Likes

Why all that bitcoin hate? Isn’t it good to have a relatively widely accepted alternative to classical politicians-controlled fiat currencies with inflationary nature? Isn’t it generally good to have options? Especially options for international money transfers that aren’t subject to extortion-grade banking fees (Western Union, I am looking at YOU!), nor arbitrary and capricious transaction aborting by third party (horror stories galore)?

It’s just one of those things that isn’t necessarily awful in and of itself, but seems to attract a lot of awful people. Like trilbies, or Philadelphia sports teams.

7 Likes