Salt Lake City apartment complex threatens tenants with eviction if they don't "Friend" the building

The Internet, you win one.

9 Likes

How can an ā€œaddendumā€ to a lease be enforceable? Well, unless youā€™re a month to month tenant. I keep thinking of Darth Vader. http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNX2zjhUwAEknl9.jpg

3 Likes

This would be the thread that announces Iā€™m out of likes for 4 hours?

Everyone, just grab oneā€¦

:heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::yellow_heart::heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::yellow_heart::heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::yellow_heart::heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::yellow_heart::heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::yellow_heart::heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::yellow_heart::heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::yellow_heart::heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::yellow_heart::heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::yellow_heart::heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::yellow_heart::heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::yellow_heart::heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::yellow_heart::heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::yellow_heart::heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::yellow_heart::heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::yellow_heart::heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::yellow_heart::heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::yellow_heart::heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::yellow_heart::heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::yellow_heart::heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::yellow_heart::heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::yellow_heart::heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::yellow_heart::heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::yellow_heart::heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::yellow_heart::heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::yellow_heart::heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::yellow_heart::heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::yellow_heart::heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::yellow_heart::heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::yellow_heart::heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::yellow_heart::heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::yellow_heart::heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::yellow_heart::heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::yellow_heart::heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::yellow_heart::heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::yellow_heart::heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::yellow_heart::heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::yellow_heart::heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::yellow_heart::heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::yellow_heart::heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::yellow_heart::heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::yellow_heart::heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::yellow_heart:

17 Likes

9 Likes

Weā€™re all theā€¦

9 Likes

If I had to live in a place with a requirement like that, I would set up a friend group just for them and use it only for posting links to articles about tyranny ā€¦ and yelp reviewers being sued.

After I first made a Facebook again. Shut mine down when they made it impossible to hide yourself from search results. I have two stalkers Iā€™m aware of.

4 Likes

I only have a JuggaloBook account, will they be posting to that?

4 Likes

I miss LiveJournalā€¦ /sigh

4 Likes

I am far too robophobic for the automated servant. But jetpacks will do nicely.

1 Like

It cannot. You cannot be evicted for not becoming a social contact of a corporation or landlord (except for owner-occupied units here in my state, because if the owner lives on the property, several fair housing laws go out the window to protect the rights of the landowner who lives there). But really, this is so much no. This is triple damages territory for the first eviction.

6 Likes

What happens if someone creates a Facebook account and just posts nothing but Nazi and white supremacy postings? I would LOL hard.

1 Like

Someone from the Trump campaign will show up at your door to make sure youā€™re a registered voter.

Hope This Helps!

12 Likes

They would get a discount on their rent.

Unless Iā€™m mistaken their Facebook page is already down and done.

1 Like

They are free, comrade. Make your mandated account!

3 Likes

Yeah, their official page seems like itā€™s down for the count. Now people are flooding the the only remaining page with that name (I donā€™t know FB terminology, it looks to be a user created ā€œPlaceā€ page for the Apartment Complex) with criticism

4 Likes

Oh those ā€œunofficialā€ FB pagesā€¦ basically, if anyone has ever created a ā€œcheck-inā€ for your business on FB Places, regardless of whether or not your business is on FB or notā€¦ FB has created an ā€œunofficialā€ page for your business. Such fun!

2 Likes

I miss Google+. Oh, waitā€¦

3 Likes

I miss Ello, that was a fun week!

5 Likes

(Realizing that Guantanamo Bay, the Salt Pit and other US torture centers probably have unofficial FaceBook ā€œcheck-inā€ pages.)

3 Likes