Salt Lake City apartment complex threatens tenants with eviction if they don't "Friend" the building

Yelp’s comments are now hysterical. And the Google page has the company doing its best to backtrack as quickly as possible. Fun!

4 Likes

Step 1: Create a fake facebook account and give them that.

Step 2: Lawsuit.

2 Likes

What if I want to be more than friends?

4 Likes

I did some (very) light digging. It turns out they have pretty appalling reviews on at least one apartment rating site (apartments.com) going back as far as three years. Though, despite only two ratings of six being positive, they’ve got 4 stars. :laughing:

Anyway. I’m wondering if they took this measure to try and control some of the bad reviews they have gotten. I don’t know what the average price of apartments is in the SLC region but it seems like they’re going for a market they can’t reach at those prices vs. how bad their bad reviews are.

3 Likes

Worse yet, P Diddy may show up…

6 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

It seems like a really bad idea to mix your business with social media if, like these people, you really have no idea how social media works.

1 Like

Of course I’ll friend the building. The insurance fund is my friend, the entertainment service entity, and several of my preferred cereal brands. I have lots of friends, and everything’s fine.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.